X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJ967x
    • Oct 2008

Active crossover speaker questions

I am a novice at technical speaker talk and x-overs so bear with me please.

I did a little searching and reading in this forum about active x-overs and I understand that it isn't quite as simple as just picking the x-over point and your done. I don't understand the the nuances as to why, hence the newbie questions. So here is my long winded question.
    I have been reading about the REW program and the Behringer feedback destroyer which leads me to here. If you are using this program and chose the Behringer model with active x-overs would this compensate for the nuances needed to make a speaker sound good assuming the cabinet is proper for the speakers or do you still need a little magic dust?
  • cotdt
    • Oct 2005

For a simple 2-way, you are much better off building a passive speaker from any of the designs on this forum. It's not just the crossover but also the baffle-step conpensation, level matching the tweeter with the woofer, notching peaks, etc. Otherwise the speakers will sound very harsh indeed. You will need to measure the individual drivers in their cabinets.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"