X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexa
    • Nov 2003

Rotel setup

Next I should made final decision between Pioneer AX10i + Pioneer DVD 828 or Rotel DVD 1060 + RMB1095 + RB 1080 +RSP 1098 for driving 4 B&W 803, HTM1, and two B&W805 as a surround back. Mentioned buzzing of 1095 is worrying me, I am even starting to think about 1075 instead of it. All suggestions and recommendations are highly appreciated.
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

I had a slight buzz in my 1095 when I first bought it. My solution was to purchase a highgrade 3-pin --> 2-Pin plug adapter. Lifting the ground, took care of it instantly.

But, recently I came across this paragraph regarding noise from a Power Conditioning manufacturer's website. Maybe it will help others, it couldn't hurt to look into this.

Regarding buzzes and noise!

Paraphrasing---This is the result of a DC Bias that is usually introduced in your circuit by certain appliances most commonly lamps with High-Low dimmer switches and some room heaters, which use only half of the AC sine wave. These appliances introduce a small DC bias placed on the AC supply. Some audio equipment, especially amplifiers with toroidal power transformers, may react unfavorably to this DC voltage, and buzz. The best way to stop the buzz is to find the source of the disturbance (most likely a quartz lamp) and plug it into a different branch circuit.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I own the RMB-1095 and the only buzzing I experienced was with my speakers, not the amp itself, I quickly recitfied the speaker issue with a Monster Power HT 3500 MkII, now silent as a tomb. It seems to me the infamous buzzing from the amp comes from a bad lot of RMB-1095's, just my theory. Just ensure your dealer provides a return policy if you are not happy, but the best way to test it is to take it home for a test drive.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"