X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarkR
    • Jan 2005

Need advice on RB-1080 repair please.

I purchased my new 1080 2 months ago knowing they had issues blowing fuses but with the comfort of 3yr warranty. Couldn't help myself its my 4th piece of Rotel (all from the same dealer). If you are reading this you probably understand, I think it's called blind loyalty.

You guessed, it died in the right channel over the w/end. I took it back on Monday and the dealer just phoned to say the fuse had been replaced it will be ready tommorow.

The thing is when I took it back he told me "they don't normally give problems" which hasn't instilled me with a lot of confidence. I didnt say anything else at the time as I didn't see the point in case the fuse was not the problem.

My question is should I ask/demand for it to be repaired properly now or do I wait for it to happen again. I'm starting to think I may have to jump up and down a bit to have this sorted, so sooner rather than later?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Geoff should be on here later tonight (or your morning, or yesterday evening...however that works out) and have a more regional opinion. I do remember someone was having issues with the distributor down there admitting the known problem.

You appear to be one of the few with just the right setup to blow fuses. I'm not sure how stock runs there, but a two month old unit *SHOULD* have the fixes in place unless they have a 6 month supply. Could be a fluke, but most likely you do not have the fixes and the fuse is going to blow again.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

Tha Australian distributor also does the distribution for New Zealand. They did the Fuse/Cap/Resistor on my RB-1080 back in June and I haven't had a problem since, also seems to run cooler too.

I would suggest you do a search on blown fuses on this forum and then show it to your dealer. The distributor knows about the need for the upgrade so I would be pushing for it to be fixed properly the first time round so that you don't have the hassel of having to take it back again and again and again.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Stev
        • Sep 2005

Were these fuse problems present on the RB-1070 ?

Steve

Comment

• JDH
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Stev
          Were these fuse problems present on the RB-1070 ?

Steve

As far as I know the RB-1070 has never had a known design problem with blown fuses, the internal design is completely different to the RB-1080. I also own the RB-1070 for a 2ch zone 2 area and have never had an issue with the RB-1070 blowing fuses.
          Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• newb
            • Jan 2005

Guess who's amp is getting upgraded today

Curious set of circumstances though I wont go into details, lets just say I was supposed to be told yesterday that the power supply was being upgraded. I suppose I'll have to give them the benifit of the doupt

They're still trying to have it ready for the weekend :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"