X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Rotel RCL 900

Does anyone here use this? Do you feel it was worth the investment?

The RLC-900 provides 9 separate 3 pin (grounded) AC receptacles for system components.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I use one. Works really well as a conditioner, but there are other models out there that do a more active approach to filtering (they are also a lot more than $200).

Unless you have something else to trigger the switch, the 'delayed' shutdown doesn't quite work as expected. The way it works is on trigger everything but the amp plugs kick on. Then later the amp plugs kick on. When the trigger is removed the amps immediately kick off and then the rest of the equipment follows.

This is designed to avoid the 'pop' associated with leaving amps turned all the time while the preamp turns on and off. The problem is they expect you to use either a switched plug off the preamp or a 12v trigger from the preamp to trigger the sequence. If the preamp has to turn off first to trigger, the pop will go through the amp before the RLC900 turns the amps off.

In my opinion, if you have something else to control the trigger (IR controlled 110v outlet for example) it works great and is a good value. If not, it's a good $100 power strip that cost's $200. In theory, if you had a zone 2 trigger and were not using zone 2, you could set up a macro on your remote that would turn zone 2 off(which would shut the RLC900 off) and then turn the preamp off after 5 seconds.

If I haven't confused to yet, I'll explain better after Margarita night is over.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"