X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PiDD
    • Aug 2003

1098 Software Updates

Any news from Rotel about any software updates?
  • Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

Don't mean to jump off subject here.... Just had to tell you how much I like your Frontosa & Hap Moori tank. I know people talk about not mixing the lakes but in my mind those two being together is above the law.

I got the African sickness when I was in high school. I currently don't have any tanks running for now. I don't think there is any cure for it.

I have been wanting to setup a small desktop tank with a pair of Neo. Brevis, but have not got around to it yet.

Great pictures all around.
    Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

Hey Matt,

I dont know if the serious guys can set up JUST one tank. I started with a nice 50g and then exploded to what I have now. I really like the Fronts with the Moori but it may be time to separate them.

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
        • Apr 2003

Cut me some slack..... I am in recovery. :conveyer: Again great tanks
        Regards,
        Matt

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

PiDD,

No - Rotel have gone quiet on this...

If I was a betting man it would be becuase of the energy going into working on their next generaiton pre-processor for 2006...

But Rotel have a history of slipping release dates by 6-12 months for technology which is software intensive - so who knows..

Geoff

Comment

• Fishy
            • Jul 2004

It's such a shame that they go to all the effort of designing a modular system, to then not release any hardware upgrades for it.

Almost starting to wonder why I paid the extra for the 1098.

Fish

Comment

• raider
              • Dec 2004

I certainly concur with that statement fish.
              It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

• DrJRapp
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Fishy
                It's such a shame that they go to all the effort of designing a modular system, to then not release any hardware upgrades for it.

Almost starting to wonder why I paid the extra for the 1098.

Fish
                It is a shame, but I am willing to bet that the next processor from Rotel uses the 1098 chasis with perhaps some different boards. The value right now of the modular design is serviceability. Rotel shipped me a new 1098 that arrived defective. Then they shipped me 3 new video boards that took me 10 mins to pop in and wala...she was up and running 100% without having to ship the whole unit back.
                Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• PiDD
                  • Aug 2003

I hope that with the new gear coming out that the 1098 doesnt get forgotten. Mine is just a year old!

With Andrew gone did we lose our Rotel insider info? I hope we still maintain that great relationship with them.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"