X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thyname
    • Jan 2005

Just purchased RSX-1056

I have been visiting Club Rotel a lot since I got my first Rotel piece (RX-1052 stereo receiver) and my current stereo setup includes: RB-1080, RC-1070 and RCD-1072 and Axiom M60ti floorstanders. I was thinking of building a HT in a year or so, once I purchase my own house. However, today I got a deal I could not pass up from my Rotel dealer. I visit the store once in a while to be up-to-date with what they have there, and I saw that they had a great deal on 1056: USD 999 brand new (silver)!!! I just bought it!!! I have to deal with my fiance once she comes back from work :evil: , I know she will give me hell, and I may probably need to return it. I am afraid when this moment comes, since she is soooo against this purchase now (we had actually agreed on the purchase AFTER we get the new home). I thought it is better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, as I know it would not work with the latter. How will I deal with it this afternoon?!!.....

Anyway, if I keep it I will match it with Axiom QS8 surrounds and VP150 center, and probably a HSU VTF-3 sub. What do you guys think?
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Congrats, you will enjoy it. Surprising the fiance will "still" react givin the gear you allready have. Normally the first couple pieces make them "YOU PAID HOW MUCH", and then by the 3rd piece or so they give up. Enjoy....

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Best of luck my friend
      Jason

Comment

• thyname
        • Jan 2005

Unfortunately things did not go very well tonight with my fiance, I CANNOT have a home theater for now. :M It sucks, but there is nothing I can do. I have to return the Rotel receiver, and wait until we get our own home before buying anything (most likely next February, March or April). I know she is right, and I had promised to wait until then in the first place. But you guys know, when we have this bug.... have the money burning in the pocket, and we get a good deal on price.... we cannot wait!!

However, I am thinking of keeping it (I have not open the box, it is still sealed) and store it in a closet. I think that the deal I got was awesome, and I would not get a better one in a few months. But still, what if Rotel comes up with a new more advanced version of RSX-1056 later? What do you guys think - keep it or return it?

DAMN IT!!!!!!!! :M

Comment

• theMaximus
          • Jul 2004

You can still use your RB-1080 to power the front two, and use the 1056 to drive up to 5 more which will give you a nice set up (if you are into 7.1 set-up). I'm using my RB-1070 to drive B&W 704 up front and 1056 to drive center and surrounds. I gotta say I'm very happy with my set-up. As far as price is concerned, why wouldn't your dealer offer you the same price a few months down the road? I think if he can sell it to you for $999 now, he should be able to sell it at that price or even lower later. As far as I know, Rotel hasn't announced a replacement product for 1056, but the dealer may know something is coming out soon and want to get rid of them. If you can't enjoy it now, what is the point of having it in your closet? I really do understand your pain, but you may be better off returning it hoping that you can still get it at that price later.

You may also consider selling your RB-1080 and getting a preamp and RB-1075 if you are willing to spend a little more. Just a thought.
          Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Maximus has a good point. If you can't use it now why keep it now? However, the price you got was a steal! I wouldn't count on that price down the road. Dealers will often "promote" product to boost sales. If you do return it and sales are strong when you are really ready to buy you might find yourself priced out of a great receiver that you could have been enjoying. If $999.00 is really going to put a cramp in your home purchasing plans then chances are you're far from ready to buy one. If next year you find yourself short of a down payment, then sell your RC-1070, but KEEP the RSX-1056/RB-1080 combo.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• jim777
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
              Dealers will often "promote" product to boost sales.
              My dealer told me that August is a "dead" month so that might explain the deal.

Comment

• thyname
                • Jan 2005

I can afford the money I paid for the receiver with no worries for the down payment for the house. I had saved also for the rest already (center, surrounds and a sub). I am pretty sure that I won't be able to get a better price for RSX-1056 down the road, in 6-7 months. Its msrp has been the same during that one year plus that I have been following Rotel prices. I don't know other people's experiences, but I have been able to only get 10% or less off my other Rotels. And this one is more than 20% off!! My worries are that Rotel will come up with its new version that may include better features, such as HDMI capabilities, different DACs, more power, and so forth. I am buying Rotel however, despite some great features that other brands' offerings, such as Yamaha RX-V4600 (whom my dealer proudly showed me).

Comment

• fordster
                  • Feb 2005

$999 is a great price, I paid that in British Pounds for mine (currently about 1.8 dollars to a pound!!). And that was after discount! My wife doesn't mind me spending that sort of money though as she appreciates the difference in sound quality.

I was concerned that there may be a new Rotel receiver but was told not this year. I guess they're concentrating on the new digital amps for now.
                  Dave

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Did you explain to your girl that the only reason you bough it now was the astonishingly low price and that returning it and buying it later will cost more money? Explain how you only got it at this low price now to save BOTH of you money for the impending house purchase etc. Make sure you clearly explain how you were thinking about her and your life together and how to best save money etc. Making her feel like you had her best interests and hence your relationship and your financial well-being in mind when purchasing will help muchly!

I mean worst case scenario if Rotel does come out with a new unit soon, you could probably sell it used for about what you paid for it and lose little or no money .

Let her cool down, appologize profusely and do something to suck up! (ie: buy her something like flowers/jewellery etc, promise her the first movie you'll play on it after setting it up is her favourite girly movie, whatever you have to!!!)
                    Jason

Comment

• gianni
                      • Nov 2002

I'm with aud19, you gotta charm the girl. Keep the Rotel.

Comment

• thyname
                        • Jan 2005

Well, end of story.... I just came back from returning my receiver. Dealer was happy that I did not open the box, it is still sealed. At least, they won't be loosing anything.

I could not deal with the issue anymore. That's it...I figured out I can probably get another good deal in six months' time. I am very confident I can get 10% during next private sales event (they do it twice a year with invitations). Since I can only use a receiver in six months time, it is a matter of paying 1000 now vs. 1170 in six months. Plus I would have the space in the closet free, and no itch from having put to sleep a beautiful piece of equipment.

I feel very foolish for jumping up and cheering for something I cannot have. Sorry guys. Back home and listening to my great Rotel and Axiom stereo. Movies have to wait.

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Oh well... so is life eh?
                          Jason

Comment

• Tha Freak
                            • Jul 2003

Question, was it your 990$ or both yours 990$ ??

I hope you will remind her the lost deal on the Rotel when she comes up showing her "they where in special" new dresses, shoes, hand bags, makeups...because in 6 months, she probably will spend double on these items...

Well I know how it is to deal with the Wife Acceptance Factor (aka WAF) in A/V gear... :roll:

By the time you ge the house...you will have to keep shopping (and dreaming) :T
                            - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Swilliams97
                              • Jul 2005

I say keep it! She can't stay mad forever.....Can she?

Comment

• Kevin D
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Tha Freak
                                I hope you will remind her the lost deal on the Rotel when she comes up showing her "they where in special" new dresses, shoes, hand bags, makeups...because in 6 months, she probably will spend double on these items...
                                That's why I don't say anything when mine goes shopping.. She will have a hard time coming even close to what I have in my toys..

Kevin D.

Comment

• soundhound
                                  • Mar 2004

Just be thankfull they really don't know Kevin, and try...................

Comment

• thyname
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tha Freak
                                    Question, was it your 990$ or both yours 990$ ??
                                    It was all mine. We had agreed to do all these HT together once the time comes, but I thought I found a deal I could not resist. And I told her I paid with my own money.

Oh well, gonne now.... I have to forget about it.....

P.S. I wanted to thank you guys a lot for all your advice and support. I will definitely come back to ask for your opinion in six months, and will keep reading and contributing to this excellent Club Rotel!!!

Comment

• pinoy_g35
                                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by thyname
                                      I have been visiting Club Rotel a lot since I got my first Rotel piece (RX-1052 stereo receiver) and my current stereo setup includes: RB-1080, RC-1070 and RCD-1072 and Axiom M60ti floorstanders. I was thinking of building a HT in a year or so, once I purchase my own house. However, today I got a deal I could not pass up from my Rotel dealer. I visit the store once in a while to be up-to-date with what they have there, and I saw that they had a great deal on 1056: USD 999 brand new (silver)!!! I just bought it!!! I have to deal with my fiance once she comes back from work :evil: , I know she will give me hell, and I may probably need to return it. I am afraid when this moment comes, since she is soooo against this purchase now (we had actually agreed on the purchase AFTER we get the new home). I thought it is better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission, as I know it would not work with the latter. How will I deal with it this afternoon?!!.....

Anyway, if I keep it I will match it with Axiom QS8 surrounds and VP150 center, and probably a HSU VTF-3 sub. What do you guys think?

where did you get the 1056 for $999? The dealer closest to me will only give me 10% off.

Comment

• thyname
                                        • Jan 2005

Myer-Emco in Northern VA, MD, DC area. I believe they are still running this special on 1056.

Comment

• miner
                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pinoy_g35
                                          where did you get the 1056 for $999? The dealer closest to me will only give me 10% off.
                                          The Home Theater Store clearance center in Houston, TX also has the 1056 for $999

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"