About to buy the RSP 1068. Anything I should watch out for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKSinAZ
    • Feb 2003

About to buy the RSP 1068. Anything I should watch out for?

I heard some amps like the RMB 1095 had had problems like humming...so I was wondering if the preamps had any issues that I should look out for? Do I need to watch out for certain serial numbers?
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

I have had the 1068 for >12mnths and am VERY happy ... very dark background and fabulous functionality - software updates have taken care of all the issues I have had which related all to software rather than hardware.

Highly recommended and a definte improvement over the 1066 which I had before.

From what I have experienced and read there have been minimal issues with this unit.

Go for it!

Rgs Steve.

Comment

• Jraducha
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BKSinAZ
      I heard some amps like the RMB 1095 had had problems like humming...so I was wondering if the preamps had any issues that I should look out for? Do I need to watch out for certain serial numbers?
      where in az u buying?

Comment

• BKSinAZ
        • Feb 2003

Tucson Arizona

Tucson is where I will buy. May I ask why?

Comment

• BKSinAZ
          • Feb 2003

Tucson Arizona

Originally Posted by BKSinAZ
          "I heard some amps like the RMB 1095 had had problems like humming...so I was wondering if the preamps had any issues that I should look out for? Do I need to watch out for certain serial numbers?"

You Asked
          "where in az u buying?"

Tucson Arizona...may I ask why?

Bryan
          BKSinAZ@yahoo.com

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

The humming is almost 9.9/10 the ground loop issue caused by the cable line... It really has nothing to do with the amp by serial number or anything.

Just get it and enjoy! If you have a ground loop issue, first thing to check is to yank the cable line and see if it stops... if not we'll help ya figure it out.

I plugged my 1095/1080 in and never had a bit of problem with them.

Oh yeah, I'd watch out for pure listening enjoyment... that often comes around when listening to the 1095, hiding under some covers will prevent it from staying around too long.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• tboooe
              • Jun 2005

isnt some level of humming normal? I mean if you can hear it from more than 12" away then there is a problem but most people I have talked to say that a small amount of hum is normal.

Comment

• Pez
                • May 2004

When I had a Denon 3803 I had no hum issues. Then when I got the 1068 I did, and it was loud. I was able to dramtically reduce it when I put the cable line through my Panamax surge protector. You have to put your right up to the tweeter to hear it now. I chalk it up to better equipment being more sensitive.

If I had to do it over again I would still get the 1068. If a there is a hum and its caused by the cable box its easy to figure out and fix. The 1068 just sounds so good has some great features.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"