X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPT7505
    • Aug 2005

Ir Jacks On 1066

Hey guys,

I have been around for a good number of years, but all my login info is gone and no luck in recovering it. So I am back.....

I have had a 1066 since almost the beginning and even had the pleasure of having Rotel come to my home for product testing. However currently I am having an issue with the IR jacks on the rear of my 1066. They do indeed work, but respond extremely slow. For example, I press the volume up and it will take several button pushes to respond, and the actual action of raising the volume takes longer than if I was using a IR flasher on the front. I would use a flasher, but I have WAY to much equipment and I am out of jacks. (And it looks chessy to have them on the front) Why ruin the beauty of the thing!

thanks!

JP
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Is there's direct sunlight in the room?

Comment

• JPT7505
      • Aug 2005

Nothing uncontrollable, However I don't see how sunlight could affect a mini jack connected to the rear IR input on the unit.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

sunlight can confuse most IR sensors. I take it when you unplug that IR sensor that the remote works perfectly fine with the 1066? What about the zone two IR input?

Comment

• JPT7505
          • Aug 2005

If I use a flasher attached to the 1066 it works fine, so I don't believe the sunlight in the other room is affecting it. I will try the Zone 2 though. I was unsure if it would affect only Z2 or the entire unit.

thanks Andrew

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

It should do Z2 but at least you'll be able to see the volume ramp up etc if you have the display turned on to see if its the flasher or the 1066.

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

Who's IR system are you using? I've had problems with Niles overdriving the back inputs on the Rotel units. It will work after several attempts like you say, but a flasher output always works 100%..

Might be able to contact the maker of your IR system and work out some form of diode/resistor setup to step down the signal a bit going into the back jacks..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I use a bufallo unit for my zone two that interfaces very well if you do end up having to replace it

Comment

• JPT7505
                  • Aug 2005

cool, thanks guys. I will try it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"