Thud here, Thud there, Thud everywhere… please help my 1066...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty
    • Nov 2002

Thud here, Thud there, Thud everywhere… please help my 1066...

Thought I’d throw this out to you guys before I most likely have to take my 1066 to be serviced. Boy, is this ever frustrating :cry:
    What is newly happening is a quick thud noise coming from either SUB1 or SUB2 preout, which is heard every time you change inputs. It also gives the same quick low-end thud between tracks of music, at the start of a new track. Very annoying! It also thuds when switching around on the MAIN MENU in selecting an option. Also each speaker calibration when switching from one to the other it thuds too. It basically thuds whenever an input is changed from just about anything, including tracks of music on a CD… oh… but I said that already… very annoying. :M
    I did reinstall the latest firmware update to no avail. Also factory reset, nothing.
    If anyone has a clue I would be exceedingly impressed ;x(
    Thanks for any, an all input…
    Scotty
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

I think you have good 2-canal set-up
    Decware and JMlab Cobalt

So If Rotel service can not fix your issue
    sell 1068 and buy Denon 3805 made in Japan which can live 120 years

Comment

• Scotty
      • Nov 2002

Hi Ivhung,
      Hmmm…. Denon hu? Seems a bit drastic at this point… but, I sent an e-mail off to Rotel and it came back to me as “<techsupport@rotel.com>... Deferred: Connection refused by webmail.rotel.com. Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours. Will keep trying until message is 5 days old”. Not good. From what I’ve read on this forum Rotel’s customer support is suppose to be pretty good. Maybe they’re having problems with their server? Been known to happen.
      But, have to say, strike one for Rotel.
      Tune in for the further exploits of my despicable THUD! :evil: … or not :Z

Comment

• fordster
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lvhung
        I think you have good 2-canal set-up
        Decware and JMlab Cobalt

So If Rotel service can not fix your issue
        sell 1068 and buy Denon 3805 made in Japan which can live 120 years
        That would be a first for Denon! :rofl:
        Dave

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

Scotty, Have you tried using a different sub cable?

Comment

• Scotty
            • Nov 2002

Hi DelRAy,
            An idea well worth trying. :T Switched out cables as soon as I read your post. Every digit I had was crossed and… thud, thud, thud… Sorry to say, no DiFrance. But thanks for the possibility of hope for the time it lasted.
            Looks like my e-mail to Rotel on this problem did finally go through yesterday morning. Their reply... “I would recommend that you have the unit checked out by a technician. Here is a list of our authorized service centers…” :roll:
            Being without the brain of my system is really going to SUCK! …the horror… the horror… :twisted:

Comment

• lvhung
              • Jun 2005

are you kidding ?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"