X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Rotel Pics from a dutch Audio Fair

Today there was a dutch fair for audio equipment and here are some pictures of the dutch B&W/Rotel stand.

Btw, good news for dutch owners of a Rotel 1066. I got confirmation from B&W Netherlands that you can officially do the resistor cut modification (or take the unit back to your dealer) without loosing guarantee.

Rotel 1095 with clear cover

Cant resist showing some of the speakers they had there:
    B&W Signature 800 (as fronts) and a normal 800 as center (and they used two of them as rears). Not powered by Rotel though (lets face it, the 1090 cannot even move the woofers at all), but Omega monoblocks.

For me the price for most beautiful amp goes to Chord:

• SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

Nice pics Scarp!

But I have a question...

The 1090 at almost 400 per channel @ 8ohms cant power the speakers you mention? I'm not familiar with the B&W's so I'm clueless on this one.

Yikes!

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

I havent tested it myself, but I know some people who tested a big Classe, big Vincent and the RB1090 on several B&W speakers. The classe came in last, the VIncent and 1090 where a close call. They tested on the B&W 804, 803 and 802. For those speakers all three amps where okay. But on the 801 that the tested the Rotel was a mess and the remark was that it didn't even move the woofer. Obviously it will move but the result is less than pleasing.

The signature 800 can handle from 100 to 1000watt (!), but for such an speaker (at a cost of 35.000 per pair) you really need a better amp than the 1090 to get the optimum result. This doesnt mean the Rotel amp is bad, but it just cannot handle these kind of speakers.

Before getting into a discussion about sensitivity and stuff ... its just a matter of matching a amp to the speaker and the rotel amp is a mismatch on this speaker and it deserves a even more high quality amp.

Lucassound uses Chord amps on their 802's btw.

Comment

• art vandeleigh
        • Oct 2003

wow!! great pics!!!! im practically drooling all over myself from your great pics!! thanks for taking the time out to post them up!

i have never seen the black 1098 and i must say it looks really mean.:twisted: as for the classe comming in last on a test of amps matching to b&w speakers is a little strange. given that classe amps are considered class A as compared to rotel amps that i think are rated in the class c category. and you say that classe came in last compared to a rotel?

who did this test and what did they not like about the classe? which classe were they using?

Comment

• Scarp
          • Mar 2003

Hmm... lets not discuss classe / Rotel here please. It was just an example. Its a matter of preference what sound someone likes. I'm not a fan of classe, but many other people are.

Comment

• eelco74
            • Dec 2002

Damn nice pictures. I already reserved tickets last week. I can't wait to to go there tomorrow. Just a shame that it takes me 4 hours to get there and get home again.

I have not seen the rsp1098 yet. So tommorow will be the 1st time :-)

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
            Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
            Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Scarp
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by eelco74
              Damn nice pictures. I already reserved tickets last week. I can't wait to to go there tomorrow. Just a shame that it takes me 4 hours to get there and get home again.

I have not seen the rsp1098 yet. So tommorow will be the 1st time :-)
              A 15 minutes drive for me

Comment

• eelco74
                • Dec 2002

Actually I asked about the BM fix. You can do it yourself.

BUT only do it if you work neatly. Then your warrenty will last.

If unsure let Rotel do the fix for you.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"