X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mustukk
    • Jul 2005

Please help New to rotel

Hello people.I have just got a new 1098 and a 1090 for my bedroom.I will be adding a 1075 to complete the set.Now at present I am using a onkyo 501 dvd player and B&W 804 speakers.
    I am also using a shunyata power cleaner.Now I want to know about the pure audio bypass for the 2 channel stereo.Please can any one let me know how I can set it up.Also want to know the best setteing and how to cheack my version.
    Thanks
  • Mark1Ace1
    • Jun 2005

Hold the mute button on the 1098, it will bring up the current version you are using and very nice set up you have...

Mark

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Press the stereo button and it will toggle between bypass and stereo modes for those inputs that have analog inputs.

Comment

• gianni
        • Nov 2002

1098 for the bedroom? You must live in a castle.

Comment

• mustukk
          • Jul 2005

well thanks a lot.I have a coax that is used so I guess it will not help.Also in the Inout when I change the default mode from PCM 2 to dolby or any other it still shows PCM 2 later when I i just check the on screen display by pressing the menu.
          Well can any one suggest on this.

Comment

• booktrunk
            • Aug 2004

Check the DVD Player that could be set to just output 2 channel rather than Dolby Digital. No I don't know where to look but most DVD players have an option like this.

Also ensure you've setup the input correctly so that Video1 or whatever input it is on the 1098 has the correct digital source selected and that it's also has the correct default mode selected not stereo

If you want to use the analogue bypass mode then you will need to put a set of L&R stereo inputs into say the CD input on the Processor from your DVD Player as well as the coaxial cable.

Then when you select CD on your 1098 you are using an analogue connection. But to be honest i would have though the 1098 would have better inbuilt DACs then the DVD player if this is true then use it digitally and let the Rotel Processor do the decoding through it's better DACs.

Analogue bypass is great but it's pointless if the source is not as good as the DACs within the 1098 then you might as well use the 1098 to decode rather than the CD/DVD player.
            "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"