X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

Finally got my RSX-1056 yesterday

I've been planning to buy one of these for months now and finally got it yesterday. Since installing it I've only switched it off to sleep!

I have to say it sounds even better at home than when I heard it at the dealer.

Problem now is that I now need to get some better speakers to take full advantage. It never ends...
    Dave
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by fordster
    I've been planning to buy one of these for months now and finally got it yesterday. Since installing it I've only switched it off to sleep!

I have to say it sounds even better at home than when I heard it at the dealer.

Problem now is that I now need to get some better speakers to take full advantage. It never ends...
    It's called upgraditis. Congratulations of your Rotel purchase btw, and welcome to the club.

Enjoy your new toy,

Azeke
    Last edited by Azeke; 24 July 2005, 23:18 Sunday.

Comment

• DelRay
      • Jun 2004

I think you need a big ol' :T BTW, what kind of speakers are you using?

Comment

• mtodde
        • Jan 2005

Congrats! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine. I love using it with my Paradigm Studios...it may sound bright for the first 100 hours but after that they mesh very well.

Comment

• Kens1
          • Mar 2005

Congrats! I was impressed with mine right out of the box and enjoy more everyday. I listen to music once again!

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DelRay
            I think you need a big ol' :T BTW, what kind of speakers are you using?

Don't laugh but I have use a Mission FS2AV sub/sat package that I've had for around 3 or 4 years. It's the last part of my original AV system that needs to be upgraded. I started with a Pioneer DV535 DVD player, Denon 1602 receiver and the Mission speakers. I then swapped the DVD player for a Denon 2800MKII a couple of years ago but this packed up on my earlier in the year so I bought a Rotel RDV-1060.

I've only got a small room so I'm struggling for space to put in "proper" speakers. However, I don't think any sub/sat package can do the Rotel system justice. I'm working on ways to fit in 4 Quad 11L bookshelf speakers and the matching Quad centre and sub but even this is going to be difficult (not to mention expensive). I use a pair of Quad IIL's on my RA-01, RCD-02 system that I use in my study and absolutely love them. Think it will be early next year before I can afford to upgrade though.

Still, it sounds fantastic as it is so I'm happy with what I've got for now, knowing that it will sound even better later. :T
            Dave

Comment

• ROJOBIL
              • Jul 2005

Hi Fordster...I actually just purchased my 1056 a few days back and have been equally impressed with the sound thus far. As for speakers, my local dealer had just received in the new REGA R-Series when I picked up my 1056...listened to them for 15 mintues...took them home soon thereafter. I opted for the R-5s for Fronts and the R-1s for the rear. Great sound and reasonably priced ($1200 for the R-5s and $400 for the R-1s).

Enjoy!

Comment

• thyname
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ROJOBIL
                Hi Fordster...I actually just purchased my 1056 a few days back and have been equally impressed with the sound thus far. As for speakers, my local dealer had just received in the new REGA R-Series when I picked up my 1056...listened to them for 15 mintues...took them home soon thereafter. I opted for the R-5s for Fronts and the R-1s for the rear. Great sound and reasonably priced ($1200 for the R-5s and $400 for the R-1s).

Enjoy!
                What Rotel dealer in Northern VA you use? Mine is Myer-Emco. Thanks a lot!

Comment

• ROJOBIL
                  • Jul 2005

Hi thyname...looks like there are quite of few of us from Northern Virginia on this forum...I guess we all have good taste!

I've been using Gifted Listener Audio in Chantilly. They are in a small stripmall close to Copelands (off of 29). Tom (Owner) has been great to deal with and offers competitive prices. MyerEmco didn't seem to want to budge on price at all.

Comment

• thyname
                    • Jan 2005

I have been able to get Myer-Emco to discount my Rotel gear a bit (all brand new 8-10% off msrp) - I consider this a good discount for Rotel. I wonder if you can tell me if you could get Gifted Listener Audio (I have heard of them, though never visited) a decent discount. Do they carry B&W as well? What other brand speakers if not?

Comment

• ROJOBIL
                      • Jul 2005

Thyname, sent you a private message....

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"