X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Horacio
    • Jan 2005

Hdcd?

Do I need an HDCD-capable pre-amp to appreciate the improved sound from an HDCD played through an HDCD-enabled CD player? I have an RC-1070 and I'm looking into adding an RCD-1072.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
    Horacio
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

If you use the HDCD capabilities of the RCD-1072 then you will NOT need an HDCD pre. You will just need to make sure it's in bypass mode so it does not change the sound coming from the 1072...

That's all you have to do, nothing else special.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Horacio
      • Jan 2005

Thank you PewterTA.

What do you mean with 'bypass mode'? How do I set that mode on?

Thanks again,
      Horacio

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I think that was my fault, I thought you said 1068 which would process the signal from Analog to Digital then Digital to Analog while it adds the High and Low pass frequency adjustments.

I don't think the RC-1070 does any processing to the analog signal coming from the 1072...though not positive as I have the 1098.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• ironchef
          • Feb 2005

Speaking of HDCDs, there are many that are unmarked, as many 1072 owners are aware. Another forum I contribute to has amassed a substantial list of these 'stealth' HDCDs:

My favourite find in the last few weeks was Miles Davis' 'Tribute to Jack Johnson', which is a newly released remaster.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Adding to what PewterTA said, you will need to run analog outputs from the RCD-1072 in addition to setting your pre-amp to bypass mode. Otherwise, the digital signal will get processed by the pre-amp and the HDCD information will be lossed. Unless of course your pre-amp also supports HDCD.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• thyname
              • Jan 2005

I have same system that you have and I can say that everything is fine with HDCD reproduction.

Comment

• tsb
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Horacio
                Do I need an HDCD-capable pre-amp to appreciate the improved sound from an HDCD played through an HDCD-enabled CD player? I have an RC-1070 and I'm looking into adding an RCD-1072.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!
                Horacio
                No You don't. The HDCD album has a hidden code in the last bit. A HDCD-decoder "listen" to this signal. If You have a CD-player with this decoder, its enough.
                (excuse my strange english)

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"