X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jzaret
    • Jul 2005

2nd amp question for rears

I am a newbie here but by no means a new audiophile.

I am considering buying a ROtel RMB 1066 that would be used to power my rear speakers and a center. ( to be named later ) . I am wondering if I bridge it to be a three channel amp will it have enough power to drive my rear speakers.
    My rears are Martin Logan Sequel II's.

Any advice is wellcome

Thanks

Jeff
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well it would probably be enough power, but the amp won't handle the ML's.. Your sequel II's are a 6ohm nominal speaker with a minimum of 2ohm's. Unbridged the RMB-1066 can only handle 4ohm loads, bridged that figure goes up to 8ohm's.

So if you try to run those speakers on a 1066, it will run extremely hot and probably shutdown often.

Kevin D.

Comment

• jzaret
      • Jul 2005

Kevin,
      Thanks for the reply.
      I called Rotel and asked them the same question and they said the same thing. MY mL's are just too much for the Rotel.

Funny thing though, my marantz which is 34 years old can drive them and it is 60 rms. I do have to crank them a bit but it does fine and does not run hot. I guess this says a lot about well made equipment. It was part of the old Marantz factory stuff made in the USA and hand built!!

Maybe I should look for another one to run the center.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"