X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wca156
    • Jun 2005

MusicMatch v. XM Radio with Rotel Equipment

I am assembling my system, the first in quite some time, and I am using a Rotel RSP-1068, RMB-1075 and a RCD-1072. I am also using B&W 803S front speakers,HTM3S centre speaker and a ASW825 sub. (I haven't decided on the rear speakers yet.) I know that this may sound strange, but I am thinking about adding Polk XRt12 XM radio tuner for convenience. I like the selection and variety of MusicMatch and I would prefer to use MusicMatch (if the sound is good) but I don't know if I would be able to connect it to my system. My local professional hasn't had any experience with this. If I can't connect to MusicMatch I will go ahead with the Polk. Has anybody connected MusicMatch from their computer to theri system? If so, how did it sound? Does anybody prefer the sound with XM? Any input will be helpful.
    Bill
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

A lot of our customers love XM, and the Polk tuner does sound better than all of the car models in a home system that I've heard..

That said, while I'm sure there are some stations that might have good sound quality, the one's I like to listen too have always sounded like crap...

Kevin D.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I think Rotel's coming out with an XM or Sirius tuner shortly as well if that interests you? Anyone with better info, feel free to correct me
      Jason

Comment

• AGS
        • Feb 2005

I can comment on the XM Rhoady 2 because I have hooked that up via the home kit...

It sounds overly compressed...kind of flat...and there is no way to make any adjustments on the tuner so I wouldn't recommend it for any serious listening... I've not heard the Polk but I hope the Polk tuner can compensate for that. If you want some background music while doing stuff around the house I find it to be adequate.

But I had XM's classic Rock Rock station Top Tracks cranking at our neighborhood block party on July 4th and received lots of strongly positive feedback from all sorts of folks. So for content and diversity I can give XM a big thumbs up! :T

Ags

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"