X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

Rotel Replacement/Repair Policy

I just got off the phone with Shane at Rotel repair as my RB 1080 is being sent back after its second repair. He assured me that it is Rotels policy to replace and unit that has failed 3 times for the same problem.
    As an aside they addressed my issue and have sent it back incredibly quick which means it will have been out for only 1 week including shipping from NY to MA.
    Mitchell
  • NewBuyer
    • Feb 2005

Wow - your Rotel amp failed THREE TIMES? Sheesh... You are very tolerant. Hopefully your next replacement will not fail so much!

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NewBuyer
      Wow - your Rotel amp failed THREE TIMES? Sheesh... You are very tolerant. Hopefully your next replacement will not fail so much!
      My RB-1080 failed 4 times !!! (left blown fuse issue), the first two times it was shipped interstate from my dealer to the distributor with approx 2 weeks down time each only to replace the fuse. On the third failure I refused to have it shipped again and the dealer replaced it with a new unit. On the 4th time (will pick up this weekend) another new unit after waiting a month for a replacement that has the fuse/cap/Resistor modification. Hopefully I will have a left channel failure free RB-1080 from now on.

As you can see I have been very tolerant, probably more than most, Rotel have also offered to start the original warranty again because of the amount of downtime I have had with the product.

I made it clear if I have another left channel failure after the modification of a new uinit I would require a complete refund.

I also own an RB-1070 and RMB-1075, RSP-1066, RT-1080 and have not had any reliability issues with those components so can only assume it is a design issue with the RB-1080 which I hope the rotel modification will address.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Mitchell
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NewBuyer
        No,
        My RB1080 has only failed twice. I am really responding to comments on another post and to my discussions with the Rotel service Team. I wanted to be assured that if it failed again another unit would be forthcoming and I was told that it is absolutely Rotel policy to replace any unit that has failed 3 x with the same problem.
        My unit was shipped and back in 6 days including a weekend. It is playing Steely Dan AJA right now and sounds great. I hope it continues.
        Mitchell

Comment

• GregoriusM
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2000

Thank goodness their QC is having a fairly good upgrade since they are now testing all units for 72 hours, including opening the cabinet and looking inside, after the component reaches the NA shores, and then they ship them to customers.

And yes, that is EVERY single component that hits these shores.
          Gregor

Comment

• NewBuyer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell
            ...My RB1080 has only failed twice... I wanted to be assured that if it failed again another unit would be forthcoming and I was told that it is absolutely Rotel policy to replace any unit that has failed 3 x with the same problem...
            Only twice. Well that's lots better then! :P

Let's hope that if it fails again, it will be for the same problem and not an entirely different problem. Then at least you can get a new unit which could hopefully be better.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
              • May 2004

Let me just add to this when you say your unit has failed 4 times or 5 times or however many times. If you have a unit that has the same problem 3 times and they replace it and the new unit has a problem, this is the first problem with this unit, not the 4th. I am sure that it is a policy with specific unit based on serial number. It stinks that you had to go through the hassle while they were still trying to solve the issue but give them some credit on the fact that they were willing to try and help everyone that has had a problem and have finally found the issue, admitted to it, corrected it, and are trying to keep their customers happy. Have some faith that they do care about their customers and are trying to correct issues that pop up. Regardless of that the RB-1080 is an awesome amp for an incredible price.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Mitchell
                • Sep 2004

It is unfortunate that it is a continuing problem. I am hopeful that the 1080 problem has been finally identified and the fix will be 100%. I havent heard of any other issues with the 1080 and they seem to be with only certain units. I must admit I entertained the idea of getting another brand of amp but upon doing premliminary research I found that most of the brands sold locally seem to be ALOT more money for a similar or (better) amp.
                Clearly the 1080 is a great amp at a fantastic price assuming it works. I will give it another chance.
                Mitchell

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"