X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveed
    • Jun 2005

RCD-951 Frozen Transport

Hi All,

I placed a cd into the transport of my RCD-951 and pressed "open/close" and then "play". I heard no music, so I looked at the display of the player and it read "00". I then pressed "open/close" and the display read "OPEN", but the player did not open. Now, when I press "open/close" the display toggels back and forth between "00" and "open", but the transport will not open.

Any ideas?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Try unplugging and plugging the player back in to reset it.

Also, make sure the drawer isn't stuck or blocked, or the eject button isn't stuck.

Comment

• daveed
      • Jun 2005

Thanks, Kevin P. I've already tried these things to no avail. I've even left it unplugged for most of the day, hoping this would some how free things up.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You should be able to open the case and easily get the drawer open. A lot of times just forcing it open and getting the disc out can reset things.

Other wise, you'll be able to tell if it's just a broke gear, or something electrical..

Kevin D.

Comment

• daveed
          • Jun 2005

How do you suggest forcing the door open? Simply pulling until it opens? Do this with the power on or off?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Well if you get the outer case off, you should be able to push it from behind.

Kevin D.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
              • May 2004

Unplug the unit from the wall. Then look on the underside of the chassis just below the drawer and you will see a small hole. Inside this hole is a small plastic notch that a small flat head screwdriver will fit into. This is the gear that lowers and raises the laser mechanism inside the unit. If you turn the gear to lower the mechanism all the way down the drawer should eventually start to open and then you can gently pull the drawer the rest of the way out. If this does not work then you would need to remove the top cover and try and open the drawer from the inside of the unit.

G.

:grab:

Comment

• daveed
                • Jun 2005

Thanks, G. Your solution worked liked a charm.

Here's the funny thing: I used your technique to release the disc and the drawer began to open. Cool! I plugged the unit back in, closed the drawer and the same thing happened. Damn! I removed the disc, again using your excellent instructions and then really LOOK at the disc: It's a DVD that accompanied a music CD. DOH! Pop in a regular CD and bingo, I'm back in business!

Thanks to all that offered assistance!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"