X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkikendall
    • May 2005

Mode interference on 1068

Approximately 4 or 5 times while watching movies from Sony DVD (DVP-NS315) I get very brief interruptions in sound and the sound mode appears on screen. This only occurs during playback of movies and not while watching satellite. Wondering if this is software problem with RSP1068 or maybe the DVD player.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

A momentary loss of the digital signal will cause the 1068 to lose digital signal and default to the analog inputs. When it relocks the signal it will flash the surround mode on screen..

This is worse/better depending upon what source you have. There's a wishlist out there that wants longer timeouts on the digital inputs to keep this from happening.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I suffer this too (here) with 3 of 4 digital sources. I've emailed Rotel and asked them to address this in a future firmware update - perhaps you should too - if more people give feedback, hopefully they'll do something about it!
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• metallo
        • Sep 2004

wkikendall,

I had a similar problem that was a grounding issue.
        The problem was solved by having the projector and dvd/1068 from the same wall outlet.

The projector had a ground pin and the rotel gear havent, so i was messing upp my audio my "unlocking" the digital signal, i could make this happen sometimes by switching on a ownen and things like that.

worth a thought i think...

Comment

• wkikendall
          • May 2005

Thanks all for helping me to solve my mode problem. I checked the dvd connections between 1068 and dvd player. It seemed that one connection was not loose, but had some play in it, so replaced cable connecting the two units and after watching several movies, the problem has not reoccurred. I waited before coming back on board here because I wanted to make sure problem was solved. Thanks again.
          wkikendall
          Last edited by wkikendall; 16 May 2005, 09:41 Monday. Reason: Wrong Rotel model number

Comment

• 5.0greg
            • Apr 2005

I have a Samsung HD841 and I was getting the millisecond break in audio only
            while watching DTS. Turns out that DVD player has a problem..Check around to make sure it's not your player especially considering you don't get it via your satellite box.

Comment

• sajaga
              • Oct 2004

same problem too with 1068 and HTPC with M-audio Revolution 7.1 card - it will have a split-second pause in audio every 5 to 10 minutes or so. Really annoying!!!! :M

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"