X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parsonsk
    • Nov 2004

New Rotel Amps

Am i to understand that Rotel is going to be releasing new power amps? Does this include the RB-1090, RB-1080 and RB-1070??? I've also heard that they're going to be digital, you'll have to explain this to me. What info can you provide on this?

I'm conidering the 1080 but with this being said should i wait and audition the new amps?

thanks
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I'm sure Andrew can go in detail about this, as I've read his updates on what Rotel's cooking.

Andrew...Do you know of anything about Rotel's new DVD players? I just bought a Denon DVD2910 and hoping that it'll be my last DVD player until the HD stuff starts hitting the market and all the bugs and flaws being dealt with. Do you see Rotel coming out with their version of HD DVD or BluRay DVD players?

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

I am really interested in the RVE1070... any news on that Andrew ?
      Rgds Steve

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Rotel will be releasing a few digital amps in the coming months to augement not replace their analog amps...at least for the time being. From what I'm hearing Rotel still plans on selling their typical analog amps for some time with the possible exception of those models that simply don't sell enough to warrant duplication with a digital counterpart (think 1090 etc). I know one of the first digital amps coming is a 7 channel model that's about 100 watts a channel.

As for the DVD player I'm sure Rotel will adapt to the market and release a suitable player in due course. They're not in a hurry though to release interm products that quickly become outdate or are the wrong flavour..ie I'd expect we'll see something once a more unified standard is set.

Comment

• fordster
          • Feb 2005

Are there any plans for a digital receiver? I'm planning on buying an RSX1056 later this year but as I'm even struggling for space to put this in a digital receiver (which would surely be smaller) would be great for me.
          Dave

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I would imagine that we'll see the digital amps move into the receivers as it make so much sense from a heat perspective but I have no inside info on when that might happen..or even if it will.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Are there any plans for a digital receiver?
              Got word that at this time the digital moduals Rotels using are too expensive for their receivers...at least for now so my guess is that the next generation will be analog...but that's just a guess.

Comment

• rnoble
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                Got word that at this time the digital moduals Rotels using are too expensive for their receivers...at least for now so my guess is that the next generation will be analog...but that's just a guess.
                Considering the strength of their pre-pro and power range it would make sense to do it like this (receivers last to get digital amps).

Comment

• fordster
                  • Feb 2005

Thanks for the update Andrew. I guess I'll just buy an RSX1056 then (when finances allow). Or maybe I could get a processer and digital amp in the same amount of space as the receiver? I'll have to check...
                  Dave

Comment

• fordster
                    • Feb 2005

Just looked at the size for the RSX1056 (162mm) and the RSP1068 (121mm) so unless the digital amp is around 40mm high, I'm going to struggle. Perhaps I should just buy a bigger house!
                    Dave

Comment

• George
                      • May 2005

New processor to go with the digital amp?

I was wondering what I should do: I have Thiel speakers (CS1.6 and SCS3) and was planning to replace my current equipment with Rotel 1068/1098 and 1075/1095. It had the advantage of being good for both hi-fi and audio-video.

Except that all hi-fi manufacturers seem to be releasing new products between May and June. Does it make sense to wait for the new digital amplifier (I can wait a few months)? Will Rotel also have a new pre pro to go with the digital amp?

Thanks your help

:wink:

Comment

• rnoble
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by George
                        I was wondering what I should do: I have Thiel speakers (CS1.6 and SCS3) and was planning to replace my current equipment with Rotel 1068/1098 and 1075/1095. It had the advantage of being good for both hi-fi and audio-video.

Except that all hi-fi manufacturers seem to be releasing new products between May and June. Does it make sense to wait for the new digital amplifier (I can wait a few months)? Will Rotel also have a new pre pro to go with the digital amp?

Thanks your help

:wink:
                        That's a good question as release dates have an uncanny knack of growing..... However I would go out on a limb and say, if they indeed are slated to be released 'in summer', that it might be good to wait for a few months to see what comes out.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"