X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedarklobster
    • Jul 2003

1066/1075 problem

Hello. I wanted to see if anyone had some advice for me with this issue. If I power up the 1066/1075 via the remote after it has been off for more than an hour I get a loud popping sound from all of my speakers. However, if I turn both units off with the power buttons on the unit themselves, I recieve no popping sound. I'm not sure what could be causing this. I have all the upgrades on the 1066 including the most recent firmware and the bm management fix. I'll take any ideas on what to go over to try to correct this problem.

Thanks,
    Shane
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

If you don't have the 1075 hooked up via a 12v trigger, it's staying on all the time waiting for a signal. The first the it sees when the 1066 powers up is a pop (that's normal). If you turn them both on by the hard switches, the amp doesn't fully kick in until after the 1066 sends the pop. You can get a line conditioner/sequencer like the RLC-900 to solve your problem, or hook it up with a 12v trigger (though I'm not 100% sure that would solve it, haven't inspected how the trigger works)

Kevin D.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

TDL,

I agree with Kevin D, you should utilize the 12 volt trigger, in theory this should correct your problem.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
        • Sep 2003

I am waiting for my 1075 to be shipped to me, I will be using my Pioneer ELite as the preamp for now, without the use of a 12 volt trigger. I assume when I hit the power button on the front of the amp, I wont get poops and such. It should have a delay at startup to stabilize, err I hope it does. :?

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
        GameTracker -My List-
        Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• thedarklobster
          • Jul 2003

I do have the 12v trigger hooked up. So, if I understand correctly, that could be causing the problem?

Thanks,
          Shane

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Shane,

Actually, it should fix the problem if it's working correctly, as far as turning it on. If it's working properly, the amp is off with no 12V signal. When you turn the 1066 on, it sends the pop (which doesn't come otu your speakers), turns the 12v trigger on, then the amp truns on with a dealy...no pop.

Turning it off might still cause a pop. The 1066 could send the pop out before the amp fully turns off. IE, if it sends the pop at or before it turns off the 12v trigger, you'll probably get a pop.

Make sure the 12v trigger switch is set to ON on the back of the 1075 and that it's plugged into the IN posistion.

A way to test if the switch is working is to set it to on, unplug the 12V trigger, and then try to play some music. If you get sound, your 12v switch isn't working right.

Kevin D.

Comment

• I'mListening
              • Jul 2003

I have the same problem with my 12v connected. Although, mine doesn't seem to "pop" everytime. I will have to check the connections again. I also have my amps plugged into the Monster HTS-2600 which is time-delayed.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
              Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"