X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikehdtv
    • Sep 2003

RSP 1066 Firmware failure!

Hi, I just tried to upload v2.26 and followed instructions exactly. When I go to upload I do not get the 3 lines of periods.... What I get is "Write fail, Try again "over and over. Any suggestions? Also, is my memory erased? If so where can i find my previous version? don't see it on the Rotel site.

thanks Mike
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

did you make your own cable or is this one of Rotels? Are you positive that all the HyperTerminal settings are correct? Which OS are you using? Are you sure the Rotels powered off?

Comment

• Mikehdtv
      • Sep 2003

Rotel's cable running windows XP Pro. Tried on 2 different computers and get the same response "Write fail, Try again. fail address" over and over.

Comment

• Mikehdtv
        • Sep 2003

Andrew, I have repeated the steps over 10 times and I get the same response. I am following the instructions to the letter. Could there be a problem with XP Pro reading the bin file? Everything goes fine until I begin the download. I had version 2.24 before this now I have nothing!

Mike

Comment

• Mikehdtv
          • Sep 2003

Here's what I get...

>> Device code = 0x7f
          >> Will you download new program?(select number)
          1. Yes 2. No 3. Direct program(No Erase operation)
          >> locking...
          >> Erasing memory... Wait a minute
          >> Erasing completed except for boot area.
          >> Select download binary file
          0x00fc0013 = 0x78
          >> Write Fail, Try again.
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0014 = 0x93
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0015 = 0xfc
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0016 = 0xef
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0017 = 0x64
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0018 = 0xf2
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc0019 = 0x2c
          fail address = 0x00017fec0x00fc001a = 0x00
          fail address = 0x00017fec

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Ok so we now know that you're communitcating with the Rotel otherwise it wouldn't have given you the first part of the upgrade process. What type of computers are these? There's some that seem to have a problem communticating with the Rotels.

Where did you get the bin file?

Are you sure you have the right one? i.e. the right version (1.50 or 2.X26 etc) I know these ones work properly Bin files

Comment

• Mikehdtv
              • Sep 2003

Andrew I am using a Dell precision 320 workstation and an ABS computer. Running XP Pro on both...I get the same failure on both...it's weird and totally frustrating...wish I would never have touched it just to go from 2.24 to 2.26
              I downloaded the software from both Rotel's site and yours.

Hope somebody can help me with this...I bought this on Audiogon so the warranty doesn't transfer. It was bought new on 5-3-03 and i have the original receipt and the original owner would probably work with me on getting Rotel to cover it.

Mike

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

The dell shouldn't have a problem so I don't think its the PC. Are you positive you have all the hyperterminal settings correct? Are there any pins on the cable or PC bent? It could be possible the cable is defective though I wouldn't think so if this is a Rotel cable...there's no obvious buldges or nicks in the cable is there?

Comment

• Mikehdtv
                  • Sep 2003

Andrew, the cable and connections look fine. I talked with Rotel support and they can't figure it out either. Even downloaded the file at work and put on a floppy, still no luck. Remember I tried it on 2 different computers. Looks like a return. Lesson learned...buy new and get a warranty!

Mike

Comment

• Jsapp
                    • Jun 2003

2 suggestions before taking it back.

1. (I know this seems obvious) have you checked the dip switches to make sure they are 100% in the right position. On something used what if there was dirt keeping it form 100% connecting.

2. Hvae you tired running hyperterminal in WIN 98 mode? Use the compatability wizard and run it compatible settings for 98 vs XP. Someone told me (don't remember who) that this would speed things up. I just tried it using my XP Pro IBM Laptop. The upgrade seemed slow (20 MIN) but worked Flawlessly to version 2.26.

It is worth a try but yeah it sounds like it might be a hardware problem.

Comment

• Mikehdtv
                      • Sep 2003

jsapp, switches seem fine...please explain 98 compatabily mode.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

• Azeke
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2003

Mikehdtv,

Windows 98 is the 16bit version, it completes the hyperterminal upgrade in approximately 5-10min.

I would also suggest trying another cable, (if you have not tried that already) and download the software again to ensure it's not a cable or software issue.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

• Kevin D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2002

Mike,

Go to Hyperterminal in the start menu, right-click and select properties.
                          Select the compatibility tab. Choose run in Windows 98 compatibility.
                          Probably won't fix the problem, but worth a try.

Your are using SEND TEXT FILE, not SEND FILE right?

Kevin D.

Comment

• Mikehdtv
                            • Sep 2003

Thanks to everyone's suggestions...no luck! :-( I'm gonna just send it back ...and not touch it after that!

Mike

Comment

• pbarata
                              • Feb 2003

Are you sure that you have put both switches in correct position for firmware uploading in the backside of your Rotel?
                              Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                              Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• Mikehdtv
                                • Sep 2003

Everything was done properly...It's on the UPS truck today!

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"