X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

RMB-1075 amp questions

First off, I'd like to say Hello to everyone here! I've been lurking for a few months but seeing as I'm about to go all Rotel, I thought it was time to register 8)

With that being said..

I am about to order a 1075 to run my Def Tech clr2500 center, BP30 mains, and BPX surrounds. In early spring, I plan on getting the 1080 to run the mains, and the 1066 pre/pro to give me 7.1. Then the 1075 will be running the center, and the 4 surrounds.

My questions is this.. I have a Pioneer Elite vsx-26tx receiver. I used it as a preamp for 2 outlaw amps a few months back so I know it does a decent job as a preamp. BUT, I do not have a 12volt trigger output on my receiver.

Will using the Power button on the front of the amp send a transient to my speakers when being turned on?

Another question..

I read at audioreview that when the amp goes into standby mode, and even when its powered down fully, that it sends a transient to connected speakers, Has anyone come across this?

I do not want to harm my speakers in anyway. Any info will be greatly appreciated! It's good to be here!

Oh, and I believe my Panamax 4300 conditioners have a trigger jack. Thats also an option. One last question!...

Can I plug the 1075 into my Panamax? As long as it's not plugged into a "switched" outlet?

I ran the outlaw monoblocks thru the "always on" plugs and it seemed fine. Mine doesn't offer the "high Current" outlets like the higher up models.

I apologize for all the questions, but I love doing research before I get gear, and what better place to ask such questions?!?! Thanks again

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

From a review I just found..

"During power on, relays are used to delay the activation of the input signal to prevent speaker thump."

Thats answers my first question :LOL:

But what about when I turn the power completely off? Hmmm....

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"