X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

RSP-1098 Firmware

Sorry if this has already been asked.

I have the 1098 up and running and thought I would update the firmware. Checked the current using Mute button is this correct? mine says V4.1.1 041013.

Now I am confused is this the firmware version? If so I can't find it on the list.
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

When did you get your RSP-1098? That sounds like a new model revision, I originally thought 3.1.4 was the newest, but I guess they've released a version 4. Cool!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Spearmint
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PewterTA
      When did you get your RSP-1098? That sounds like a new model revision, I originally thought 3.1.4 was the newest, but I guess they've released a version 4. Cool!
      Thanks for the reply.

I got the unit a few days ago, it had me confused as the numbering does not appear on the list of firmware. This is why I posted the question, I thought I was looking at the wrong thing.

Looks like I don't need to do an update just yet.
      Richard

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Spearmint,

4.1.1. is indeed a new firmware version for a further hardware change. The number at the end is the date it was developed - 041013 is 2004 October 13. You will see upgrades for this version appearing on the Rotel site shortly. Rotel will maintain 3 different firmware versions 2, 3 and 4 to match the hardware versions of the RSP-1098. Features are identical!

Geoff

Comment

• Spearmint
          • Sep 2004

Thanks for that information Geoff...

Maybe the revision was caused thru a change in vendor of some of the hardware similar to the vers 3.

Unit is working fine, so far so good.
          Richard

Comment

• dmcgowan
            • Sep 2003

Went to check firmware on my new 1098 and had a similar result. There isn't any v4 firmware download on the Rotel website though???

Think it is v4.1.5 though so assume it is the latest?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"