X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 201jamesg
    • Feb 2005

1072 vs 1055

Putting together a new home system, I was planning to go with the Sony NC555ES as an all-in-one solution (DVD/CD), but decided to upgrade to 1072 for CD and get a Sony 975 just for DVD. Only problem is that wife regrets that now we're not getting a changer. Purely in terms of audio quality, is there much difference between 1072 single disc and 1055 changer? If not, I can make wife happier (never a bad thing). I can't find a 1055 anywhere to audition, so am looking for advice. Thanks.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Just a guess, but I'm thinking the DACs in the 1072 are better than in the 1055. Just my guess.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• rpryan
      • Mar 2005

The 1055 is the same as the rcd02, but with the changer. you could compare these two and see what is best for the both of you. Keeping your wife happy is important, but when I did this comparision I found the rcd1072 sounded better.
      Bob

Comment

• 201jamesg
        • Feb 2005

Thanks Bob. My wife also will be happy about great sound, and she'll give up the changer if there really is a difference. We just weren't able to do a comparison.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

I once compared the 1055 with the 1070, and found the quality to be better in the 1070, the 1072 supposedly has even better DACs than the 1070. Remember the 1055 motor must move and rotate mutilple CD platters, in theory, introducing more noise and jitter.

If good acoustics is what you really want, take the 1072 without hesitation. If you want convenience and sacrafice sound quality, then take the 1055.

The best way to determine is to have a listen for yourself, after all it's your money.

Personally, I would take the 1072 without question.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• lifeinabox
            • Jun 2004

Why not buy the 1072, sell the Sony and get an inexpensive 5-disc dvd/cd changer? There are several on the market that do video well and will serve fine as a transport (assuming the DAC in your processor is decent) for non-critical/background music. That's the solution I have with a Jolida JD-100 for critical listening and a old Panny CP-72 for DVD and a background CD changer.

FWIW, I no longer use my Panny now that I have a Roku Soundbridge. An inexpensive and convenient way to play hundreds of CDs on my system for non-critical listening.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"