X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mupi
    • Jan 2008

Rotel RCD-1072 vs RCC-1055 CD players

Hello
    I am planning to get the 1055 as I prefer the carousal.
    I listened to them both and there isnt any audible difference in
    sound quality to me on B&W 685

Rotel web site says the 1072 has a toroidal transformer. but it doesnt say
    if 1055 has the same. I checked the manual and I could not see any mention of toroidal transformer

I was wondering if the 1055 has the EI transformer instead.

It is well known that toroidal transformers are better in many ways compared to EI. Like I said I didnt notice any difference in sound quality but just wondering. They are both $699 so I see no reason to get a single disc player when I can get the carousal for the same money.

Any reason why Rotel has marked them both at the same price.

Also I dont see reviews for 1055 where as there are reviews for 1072 and pretty much every review says that this is the best sub 1k CD player. Is the same thing true for 1055. After all they are both Rotel and any reason why Rotel would make one better than the other. I was hoping that Rotel would bring out a SACD player but it doesnt look like they are catching up with SACD. More over SACD hasnt yet picked up pace and I hardly see any rock/pop SACD's. So for the time being I got the OPPO 980H as it has SACD but for CD listening I was planning to go for the 1055. I did buy "dark side of the moon" SACD just for the heck of it.

I also like to know if 1055 has any known issues for it to be not so popular compared to 1072

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Hi Mupi

If you go down the page you will find a Rotel forum with lots of info likely down there. Alternately use the search function on 1055 and you will find comments.

Remember that for a given price point less functionality generally means better quality components, particularly within a brand. Given that Rotel are quiet on some of the specs you can be 90% certain that this will be where the inevitable "built to a price" compromises are. Good power supplies cost $$$ and will add to the sonic performance of a CD Player. High end brands like Cyrus and Naim offer external power supply upgrades and they add significantly to the perfomance of the player. I would expect the 1055 sound to be closer to the entry level Rotel single disc player.

If you can't hear the difference then you will be a happy camper with the 1055.

Rotel are in a very price driven part of the market. The 1072 would not sell if it gave less for the dollar.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• mupi
      • Jan 2008

I searched but I could not find a dedicated Rotel CD player thread

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"