X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cofn
    • Dec 2002

2 RSP1098 Major annoyances 1 minor

Well just picked up my new baby today (RSP-1098), and have been playing with her all night long. And I have come to 2 things that are just driving me nuts.

1. The constant clicking noise between changing surround fields. This is just rediculous, I can;t belive that Rotel let this go, when there was nothing like this on the RSP-1066. Any chance this could possibly be fixed with a software revision? I am doubting it, but please give me hope.

2. When playing my Xbox, specifically, Star Wars - Knights of the old Republic, every time the game loads a new area, the 1098 loses the lock on the surround signal, after about 3 seconds, "CLICK" it finds it again. Don't know if this will be the case with any other games, as I have not had a chance to play anything else tonight. More to come tomorrow.

The minor annoyance is the Volume display on the TFT. I have all onscreen display turned off, but I cant see the Volume display on the unit as it is sooooo freakin small. Why? They have the whole display why use a 7pt font for heaven sake. Oh well, hope this will be complained about enough to get fixed in a Software revision as well.

Anyway enough bitching for now, off to bed, then a fun filled day of tweaking and calibrating, followed by a night of Two Towers bliss.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

1. The constant clicking noise between changing surround fields. This is just rediculous, I can;t belive that Rotel let this go, when there was nothing like this on the RSP-1066. Any chance this could possibly be fixed with a software revision? I am doubting it, but please give me hope.
    The 1098 uses solid replays not electonic switches like the 1066 which is why you hear the clicking. the relays are much higher quality and will last a very long time so in the case the clicking is a good thing.

2. When playing my Xbox, specifically, Star Wars - Knights of the old Republic, every time the game loads a new area, the 1098 loses the lock on the surround signal, after about 3 seconds, "CLICK" it finds it again. Don't know if this will be the case with any other games, as I have not had a chance to play anything else tonight. More to come tomorrow.
    That might be something we can have them change...they tweaked the signal locing a bit for the 1066.

The minor annoyance is the Volume display on the TFT. I have all onscreen display turned off, but I cant see the Volume display on the unit as it is sooooo freakin small. Why? They have the whole display why use a 7pt font for heaven sake. Oh well, hope this will be complained about enough to get fixed in a Software revision as well.
    I'm starting a thread on issues people have with the 1098 so please add this and the signal locking to that thread and i'll make sure Rotel sees it.

Comment

• cofn
      • Dec 2002

Well good to know the reason for the clicking is higher quality part, that I can live with.

As for the Xbox, I have tested a couple other games out, and it seems isolated to only Kinght of the Old Republic. Not sure why. I want to test out a wiring change that may or may not make a difference. My Xbox share a connection with my Game cube. Xbox is Optical, GC is analog. I am going to wire the Xbox to it's own connection V5 and it will be alone, maybe, just maybe it is being ccaused by the dual audio inputs. Doubtful, but one can hope.

Thanx for the feedback, and glad to see the volume thing on the list of things to change.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

no problem cofn. Its great to see a fellow winnipeg member. Where in wpg are you? I'm in Crestview.

Comment

• cofn
          • Dec 2002

I am a cpl blocks north of Burrows, by Mcphillips. Heart of the north end. :LOL: The key to an expensive HT is low rent housing, hehehe. You may have even see me around town. Have you ever seen a Ford van covered entirerly in Leopard spots? If so that's me.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"