X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeZ06
    • Jul 2003

Finally, I'm in the Club!

Hey Guys!!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be the proud owner of Rotel RT-1080, RMB-1075, and RSP-1066! All in silver. I can't wait to get them and hook everything up. The BM and Firmware are supposed to be done on the 1066.

I hope it's pretty easy to set up...I'll probably be asking you guys some setup questions.

Any recommendations on remotes?...Pronto? Thanks for your help.

Mike 8)
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Congrat's on picking out some very fine audio gear:T as for the remote as a full fledged pronto nut case yes they're the cats meow IMO :yesnod:

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

Hey Mike,

Welcome to Club Rotel.

Wow, pretty cool!!! What are you replacing?

Keith
      Keith

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Mike,

Welcome to Club Rotel.

I'm sure will enjoy your new toys .

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• skipm
          • Jun 2003

Mike-

Welcome to the club! You will be receiving your official membership card from Andrew via email very shortly. As for remotes, you have plenty of options depending on your budget and perferences. If you are an LCD kind of guy I would take a look at the Sony AV3000 on the low end and the Pronto on the high end. If you are the hard button type, take a look at the Home Theater Master MX-500 on the low end and the Home Theater Master MX-700 on the high end. You can research these selections and many more over at http://www.remotecentral.com. Go take a look, do some reading and let us know if you have any questions. I've owned and used them all except for the Pronto and Andrew is the resident Pronto guru.

Congrats again,

-Skip

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

FYI you can get refurb pronto's for under $100 shipped now which really makes them more attractive as well. Ask Erik where he got his from since he just bought one a few days ago.

Comment

• MikeZ06
              • Jul 2003

Hi Guys!

I did it! Picked up my 3 components and some speakers. What are the best interconnects to go from the 1066 to the 1075? The sales guys told me RCA but all the RCA cables I see have the red and white paired up.

Kinda confusing. Everything seems to test out well.

Thanks for the advise on the remotes! I gotta look into those. Now, I'm off to picking out a tv...lcd..etc. Looking for 50"-60". WAF- no projector

I'll keep ya posted once I get everything all wired up.

Mike

Comment

• MikeZ06
                • Jul 2003

I'm replacing an old Sony Dolby Surround receiver that's actually working just fine...about 15+ years old. Guess I'm going from one end of the spectrum to the other as far as quality. BTW, I also bought the CDM series of B&W. The 2 products do sound very good together.

Comment

• Energeezer
                  • Sep 2002

Andrew
                  Could you link me to the refurbs again
                  Steve

The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD
                  The Future of HT lies in FP SPREAD THE WORD

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Steve email Erik at efarstad AT integrity DOT com and ask him where he purchased his the other week.

Comment

• ffejywig
                      • Aug 2003

I use Van Den Hul Interconnects and speaker cable I have tried many brands and I like these the best. Brands used = Van Den Hul - Transparent - Chord - Audio quest - Straight Wire.

Hope this helps,
                      Jeff

Comment

• aramb
                        • Apr 2003

Blue Jeans Cables are very high quality interconnects, yet a bit more affordable than some of the others mentioned here. They are at: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/index.htm

Congrats on the new Rotel gear!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"