X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lio2000
    • Feb 2005

Help with my Rotel interconnects

Dear all,

please forgive in advance the very newbie questions I'm going to post here, but I recently went home with a 1056 amp and 1060 DVD player, and here are a few questions regarding how to set-p everything correctly

1 / I use the DVD player to play CD, DVD audio and HDCD, I connect them to the amp through 5.1 multi channel input (btw. I heard it was supposed to give the best sound possible). The amp works fine but when I switch to multi input I get sound from only the Front Left and Front right speakers (I have 5 speakers) ...

2 / 5.1 multi channel and digital coax are hooked up to the amp. The DVD is connected to video 2 on the amp. when I play a movie, the logo on the OSD shows Coaxial. If I switch the sound source in the amp menu to Digital, then I get sound without the voice (like a karaoke of some sort...) ?" or am I doing something wrong ?

3 / oh yeah.. one last thing.. My 1060 DVD player has been modified to Muti-region / PAL NTSC progressive (I live in Korea). but sometimes when I load a DVD (whatever PAL or NTSC) the screen turns black and white, and the only way I have found to get back colors is to reset the DVD player...

I know all of this could seem very obvious to most of you, but thank you to help me out on these issues, and Club rotel is really unvaluable !!

Lio2000
  • DJDREW
    • Dec 2004

Only Suggestions

Read suggestions below in blue

Originally posted by lio2000
    Dear all,

please forgive in advance the very newbie questions I'm going to post here, but I recently went home with a 1056 amp and 1060 DVD player, and here are a few questions regarding how to set-p everything correctly

1 / I use the DVD player to play CD, DVD audio and HDCD, I connect them to the amp through 5.1 multi channel input (btw. I heard it was supposed to give the best sound possible). The amp works fine but when I switch to multi input I get sound from only the Front Left and Front right speakers (I have 5 speakers) ...

Make sure you have all 6 audio connectors from the back of the DVD player connected to the multi input of the receiver. Also be sure that the DVD player is in the correct fromat to decode to 5.1

2 / 5.1 multi channel and digital coax are hooked up to the amp. The DVD is connected to video 2 on the amp. when I play a movie, the logo on the OSD shows Coaxial. If I switch the sound source in the amp menu to Digital, then I get sound without the voice (like a karaoke of some sort...) ?" or am I doing something wrong ?

Again it seem as though you have missed a connection to your center channel, either from your DVD player to you receiver, or from your receiver to you speakers. Please look over these connections

3 / oh yeah.. one last thing.. My 1060 DVD player has been modified to Muti-region / PAL NTSC progressive (I live in Korea). but sometimes when I load a DVD (whatever PAL or NTSC) the screen turns black and white, and the only way I have found to get back colors is to reset the DVD player...

This is Normal

I know all of this could seem very obvious to most of you, but thank you to help me out on these issues, and Club rotel is really unvaluable !!

Lio2000
    Rotel For Life :T

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"