X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

David Byrne Live at Union Chapel London DVD

I stumbled over this DVD today and can recommend it for Talking Heads and David Byrne fans .
    Filmed at the Union Chapel in London in 2003 it has good sound quality but on my PJ it was a bit soft as allmost all NTSC dvds I watch are.
    It is well filmed by the BBC with a stack of cameras.

It covers songs from through out Talking Heads era as well as Davids more recent solo work and a number of covers including belive it or not Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody"!
    David's band is acompanied by a string section and percussion section .
    Set list;
    Nothing but flowers,And She Was,Once in a Life Time,God's Child,The Great Intoxication,Un Di Felice,The Revolution,Sax and Violins,This Must be the Place(Naive Melody),What a Day That Was,Like Humans Do,UB Jesus,Life During War Time,Lazy,I Wanna Dance with Somebody(who loves me),Ausenica,The Accident,Road to Nowhere.

The DVD is NTSC, 16;9 Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 and region codes 2,3,4,5,6

A real pleasure to find this being a David Byrne /Talking heads fan as I did not know it existed even though David Meek listed it in his New DVD release list back when it first came out (teach me not to read it carefully :roll: )
    Brendon :T
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Brendon, I presume you've watched "Stop Making Sense"? That's worth a look.

Nigel.
    Attached Files

Comment

• brendon
      • Aug 2004

Hi Nigel,
      I have watched that film dozens of times and own it on VHS and dvd.The CD sound track would have to have been about my favorite CD in the 80'/90's.
      I recently bought the "Brick" (all the studio albums remastered and remixed for DVD-A) and cant wait to get my new house finished so I can complete my souround set up to hear it properly (currently 3.0).I also have The True Stories DVD and another VHS compilation of Talking Heads film clips(The Story telling Giant).
      Brendon
      Last edited by brendon; 16 March 2007, 06:18 Friday.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"