X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfish
    • Mar 2005

Newbie question

Just got my Rotel RSX-1067 last week. Hook-up and set-up went well. Now I see all this firmware update stuff flying around (on the website). I am very confussed, I checked my current version (v1.2.0). How do I find out what the newest version is, and what's the upgrade for? And just say the next version is 1.2.3, do I need to install 1.2.1, and 1.2.2 before I go to 1.2.3?

If someone can explain in layman's terms what I need to do it would be great. Or point me to a clear thread where it is explained. I did some searching, but there were a bunch of other model numbers being thrown around.

For some backround on me: my name is Glen, I'm from Connecticut, I'm 33, married (almost 8 yrs.) . I'm a Mechanical Engineer, love HT stuff, love to mountain bike.

My retired receiver was a Technics DolbyDigital/DTS $300 machine. I just don't want to "F" up my new Rotel, it is a thing of beauty.

I have a Panasonic 47" RPTV, Denon 4800 DVD player, Vienna Acoustice L,R,C. Velodyne SPL1000 S2 sub, Cambridge Soundworks rears (next upgrade), Monster Power HTS2600.

Thanks for your help.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Well what you might want to do is wait another week or two, I believe Rotel is going to re-release all their firmwares as they've fixed the bugs in them.

But all you need to do is go to Rotel's Website (http://www.rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H22.htm), download the MTTY program, and the EPROM firmware for the 1067 (v1.2.1 it looks like). There are instructions in there on how to update step by step.

...but like I said, I believe Rotel is going to re-release the firmwares they had up a few weeks ago that caused the fuss. I could be wrong, maybe someone will know better.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the club! :spin:
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Glen welcome to the guide. All the firmware's that are released include all the previous updates so no you don't need to install the previous versions if you do decide to upgrade to the latest code. The firmware threads that are at the top of the forum should contain a list of what code has been updated so you can see for yourself if any of the changes are things that interest you. This thread is the one you need to read.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"