X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chandos
    • Feb 2005

help choosing components

about to purchase the RCD-1072 along with an integrated amp and a tuner. Am I better off purchasing the RX-1052 stereo receiver or spending a few hundred more and getting seperates(RA-1062 and RT-1080)? Any major differences in sound quality? Any advice would be appreciated.

If it matters at all, my speakers are Totem Arros.
  • Mitchell
    • Sep 2004

I was in the same situation.
    I was looking to buy a receiver and was not quite happy with the sound.
    I described it as anemic. It was a Rotel receiver that I believe output 100 wpc.
    The salesman brought in seperates and even the seperates with similar wattage seemed to have more "fullness" to the sound, especially in the bass.
    I still was not entirely happy though and he suggested bringing out some larger amps.
    Once I got to the Rotel RB 1080 and an equivalent amp (in power) by Naime I could really hear the difference.
    I decided on the 1080 as it got me to the level where I felt the music sounded right and at a good price. I am not an experienced audiophile and I just went with my ears - and gut. The salesman deserves credit as he realized it was the amp - not the speakers or the other components that was the limiting factor.
    I suggest you do the same kinds of auditions and see if it makes a difference to you.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Mitchell

Comment

• Chandos
      • Feb 2005

thanks. i'll try auditioning next week. i might just end up purchasing seperates, maybe the 1070, though that is stretching my budget

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"