X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitzipurr
    • Feb 2005

RSP 1066 Wierd things happining.

Hi

Anybody out there had similair problems with RSP1066 please?

Powered unit on last night and it had lost all my settings, I think it may have reverted back to factory settings. Had to reset everthing again.This is the first time it has done this.

When I am watching a dolby digital broadcast on skyplus on optical one. If I change channels to a normal dolby broadcast the processor nearly always selects 2 channel pcm all by itself. I have to change it manually back to prologic2.

Gratefull for any ideas.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The preamps can lose settings due to a quick power spike or as some have found out a static discharge from your finger.

As far as the Dolby issues, are you running the latest firmware? I believe one of the last one or two addressed this problem.

Kevin D.

Comment

• mitzipurr
      • Feb 2005

Hi Kevin.

Many thanks for your advice re problems with 1066.

I have only had my processor a short time (bought it second hand) and have no idea how to check it for the latest software. Could you please tell me how to do this and what the latest software should be. I think that that may be the solution to the problem though.The cable to download from the computer was included in the box.

Thank a lot

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mitzipurr
        Hi Kevin.

Many thanks for your advice re problems with 1066.

I have only had my processor a short time (bought it second hand) and have no idea how to check it for the latest software. Could you please tell me how to do this and what the latest software should be. I think that that may be the solution to the problem though.The cable to download from the computer was included in the box.

Thank a lot

Hold the mute button down on the remote for a few seconds or so and the software version should display on the front input of the RSP-1066 or on the monitor if on. If you have the second gen RSP-1066 the latest software version I think is 2.6 You should check out the Rotel web page for confirmation and instructions on upgrading.
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"