X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lars
    • Feb 2005

1067 Ventilation Question

Hello Gurus,

I'd like to move it into a hardwood multi-shelf entertainment center that I have (it's currently sitting outside on a temp shelf), but as the center is mostly enclosed I will need to make some holes :-)

Questions:
    Do both fans underneath run all the time?
    Do they both run in the same direction (and if so are they pushing in or pulling out), or is it a push pull (air going in one fan and being pulled out the other)?

Thanks very much in advance -
    Lars

For comparison on the hum and heat topic, I have neither hum nor heat. The air over the unit is less than what comes off a toaster and the metal is only slightly warm to the touch - this running for a couple of hours at moderate volumes (around 50 on the dial) into five 8 ohm JM Labs speakers (using 5 ch stereo just to drive all five to see what heat I get).
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

How much room would it have above and beside it in its new home?

Comment

• lars
      • Feb 2005

Hello Andrew -

Not an awful lot, which is why I'm preparing to make some sizable holes around it...

space above - perhaps 1.5cm; can't make holes there as my center channel speaker lives on that shelf

Sides - about 4cm each side; can make good sized holes there as needed

Bottom (I know you didn't ask, but given that the fans are there...) I can make holes under the fans the same size as the fans themselves, or a bit larger.

Thanks,
      Lars

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hmm honestly I think you're going to run into problems given that little space around it to vent. You might consider installing a small PC fan to blow air across the top of the unit. Simply plug it into a switched outlet on the back of the unit so it turns on and off with the 1067.

Comment

• lars
          • Feb 2005

Thanks Andrew, will definately consider the PC fan - but I don't see a switched power outlet to plug it in to - or is that one of the 12 volt trigger connections?

Would you mind asking Rotel about the direction of the fans for me? Would like to understand how they're supposed to be bringing the airflow across the system -

Thanks again,
          Lars

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Lars you have a PM on who to contact at Rotel for that question

Comment

• OakIris
              • Dec 2003

Lars - For fan direction, just use a piece of paper or kleenex and hold it near the fan vents - if it gets sucked up to the vent you'll know it is a supply fan, if it gets blown away you'll know it is an exhaust fan...

Comment

• lars
                • Feb 2005

That's so obviously brilliant that I just don't know what to say

Comment

• OakIris
                  • Dec 2003

Glad I could help, lars! I've had to check out a computer fan a time or two in my lifetime - this is the easiest way to make sure it is working and blowing the correct direction.

Holly

Comment

• KAP
                    • Jan 2005

Lars,

I'm really surprised that your 1067 runs so cool........or perhaps just that mine runs so hot. After 30 minutes in 5 Channel Stereo at a relatively loud volume the unit almost cannot be touched. I believe both fans are running at that point.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"