This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

Well, the 1055 finally bit the big one last weekend. Went three straight days without turning on at all. Just shutdown after shutdown.

I got a return authorization from Rotel on Monday and shipped the receiver to them on Tuesday. I had to ship it ground for cost reasons so it won't arrive until this coming Monday.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix and I will only be down a couple weeks

I could have taken it to my dealer and had them ship it to their service center, but they only run a truck between Dallas (where I am at) and Houston (where their service center is at) once a week, and that day is Tuesday. So Monday would have been the last day to take it to them and I couldn't make it, so I would have had to wait till this coming Monday and by that time it could have been to Rotel. Plus, no guarantee their service center would be able to fix it, and it still may have had to go on to Rotel for repair. So I just ate the shipping cost and hopefully get it done right the first time.

I will post back when I find out what the problem was.

Comment

• Neal_C
      • Feb 2003

Well, as an update, the receiver arrived at Rotel on Monday the 18th and was repaired and sent back to me on the 20th. It should arrive at my door on the 26th. Now thats the kind of customer service I'm talking about.

There was a problem with the amplifier that was causing the shutdowns. So they replaced the amp, tested it, and sent it on its way back to its home in my rack

The amp section in the receiver has never even powered a speaker. Maybe it got tired of sitting there not having any fun and that was its way to get me back.

It better behave well now cause I can't take another 3 weeks listening to shows through my tv speakers.

Neal

Comment

• EEE
        • Feb 2006

Did you eventaully resolve your problem with the Rotel 1055? I have a problem that sounds strikingly similar. I'm using the 1055 as a receiver for a CD player, DVD, cable TV and iMac (iTunes). I reconfigured the system this weekend after a home construction project. I was playing music through iTunes when the sound cut off. The power light was on and the digital display was showing, but no sound. I then swtched to the input for my DVD and watched/listened to a DVD without a problem. The next day, music from iTunes worked initlally and then cut out repeatedly. Then, the sound cut out and I lost the digital display. Now, only the blue power light comes on. i've checked the speakers -- per the suggestion of Mike at Rotel -- and don't see any shorts. Any thoughts based on your experience?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"