X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I'mListening
    • Jul 2003

Dealer woes.

Well, concerning my need for a firmware upgrade on my month old RSP-1066 I contacted my dealer (AUDIOPORT in Overland park,KS.) to see they did the upgrade there or if they sent it out.

I was told that the upgrade was usually done on site. However, they did not have a recent FirmWare disc issued from Rotel so to interface with their computer. Also was told they had "loaned" their cable out to a customer...who never returned it. They suggested I order a cable and do it myself, or send the unit it.

Must admit I was bummed and hoping to get the "quick fix" that day or next. Looks like I will have to order the cable this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
    Thanks for reading!

Darren
  • Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

Darren I can help you out. I made a real nice cable myself and don't need it anymore. I'm trading in my 1055 for an Anthem AVM 20. It works great, I have done two updates with no problems. $20.00 would cover UPS shipping and what I have in it. If you are interested let me know. PayPal would be easiest for me. I have include a couple of pictures.

I am a very picky person myself that is why I made my own. I used a nice metal DB9 and a quality Cat5 cable that is about 6.5ft long.

I live in IL making it likely that UPS could get it to you by Friday if I get it to them on Thursday using normal ground.

Regards,
    Matt
    msprouls@advancenet.net

Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nice DIY cable Matt:T

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
        • Apr 2003

I hope my 1095 still qualifies me to hang out here?

Regards,
        Matt
        Regards,
        Matt

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Matt even those unlucky souls that don't own Rotel gear are welcome here

Comment

• Foxman
            • Jan 2003

Not sure if he purchased that cable or not....but I'd be a player if he hasnt. Let me know

You just can't fix stupid
            IMO

My Movies
            Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
              • Apr 2003

Your first in queue foxman.

-matt
              Regards,
              Matt

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Well, I don't think this one situation really qualifies the dealer as pond scum. Maybe next week, they wiill have an entirely different outlook. Maybe you just caught the guy on a bad day?

Call them back, and ask once more, maybe you will get a different response. If not, you could always let Rotel know about it, and I would think their rep would address the situation.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• I'mListening
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Lex
                  Well, I don't think this one situation really qualifies the dealer as pond scum. Maybe next week, they wiill have an entirely different outlook. Maybe you just caught the guy on a bad day?

Call them back, and ask once more, maybe you will get a different response. If not, you could always let Rotel know about it, and I would think their rep would address the situation.
                  Lex,

Oh No...I don't consider them pond scum at all. I was just bumming that I couldn't get it done that day. The gentleman that actually does the service was on vacation....so who knows..maybe he has his own private stash of cables and FirmWare discs.

Thanks for reading!

Darren
                  Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

• I'mListening
                    • Jul 2003

Matt,

I'll send ya a private email about the cable.

Darren

Originally posted by Matt Sprouls
                    Darren I can help you out. I made a real nice cable myself and don't need it anymore. I'm trading in my 1055 for an Anthem AVM 20. It works great, I have done two updates with no problems. $20.00 would cover UPS shipping and what I have in it. If you are interested let me know. PayPal would be easiest for me. I have include a couple of pictures.

I am a very picky person myself that is why I made my own. I used a nice metal DB9 and a quality Cat5 cable that is about 6.5ft long.

I live in IL making it likely that UPS could get it to you by Friday if I get it to them on Thursday using normal ground.

Regards,
                    Matt
                    msprouls@advancenet.net

Thanks for reading!

Darren
                    Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
                      • Apr 2003

Darren,

It's in the mail.

Regards,
                      Matt
                      Regards,
                      Matt

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"