X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmib
    • Jul 2004

SACD with a 10 number block

Hi everybody,

what's up with Rotel's Plans about developing a new SACD Player?

I need a look a like for my RSX 1055. Optically symetric with better CD and SACD sound than my yamaha SACD2300 would be perfekt.

A 10 number block on the left and the other knobs on the right side of the tray and display would be symmetrically a great look. A knob for changing between SACD and CD would also be a good idea.

I hope it comes this year.

Somebody has any Information about what's coming up this year?

Regards lmib
    lmib
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IMO don't hold your breath for a Rotel SACD player

Comment

• lmib
      • Jul 2004

Do you think that Rotel does not bring out any SACD Player?
      Even not next year?
      :cry: :x h: :E
      lmib

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Not especially with the SACD 2.0 format still forthcoming. I wouldn't expect to see one until after that's been established if then even...?
        Jason

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

We can hopefully expect a new universal player that plays SACD. It's supposed to be out this year.

Comment

• Pwoida
            • Nov 2004

Where did you get this info on the Universal player being produced and when it is due out?
            First I've heard about it.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Trust me Rotel won't be releasing a universal player.

Comment

• EAmin
                • Aug 2004

No, say it ain't so. I had hope as I saw several postings in this forum speaking to a player coming in 2005. One of the local dealers down in my area was saying the same thing. But if it is coming from you Andrew, then I believe it. I'm very surprised they wouldn't release a universal player that plays SACD. Do you know why?

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by aud19
                  Not especially with the SACD 2.0 format still forthcoming. I wouldn't expect to see one until after that's been established if then even...?
                  That's probably one big reason why.

Why would a relatively small company spend huge gobs of money developing a player including a format who's spec's are still changing, not proven etc and whose media hasn't exactly been flying off the shelf...?
                  Jason

Comment

• EAmin
                    • Aug 2004

You have a point about the investment. I don't know exactly how small of a company they are in comparison to others who have universals, but I will take your word for it.

Sales of SACD are steadily increasing, and SACD appears to be the format of choice over DVD-A (at least from what I've read --- I prefer it too). Regardless of format, I believe consumers want an all-in-one player as the most manufacturers are providing this option. I'm a bit disappointed they aren't seeing this. I guess I'll be buyin' a Denon.

P.S. I tried searching on the new SACD 2.0 format, but couldn't find anything. If you could PM me a couple of links that would be great.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

There isn't much known about SACD 2 but what I can tell you is that in the big picture the number of SACD and DVD-A titles that have been sold don't add up to diddly so its a sheer numbers game where the R&D costs more then the gain from a market stand point. There's also the digital connection issues that haven't really been resolved at this point either.

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                        There isn't much known about SACD 2...
                        I believe that would be part of the problem as well :lol:

Also the digital connection problem is holding things up as you mentioned. Imagine Rotel invests a few hundred grand (or more 8O ) on R&D for firewire and two years from now HDMI or something else entirely gets chosen as the standard. A small company can't just throw away money like that on "what if's"
                        Jason

Comment

• lmib
                          • Jul 2004

Hi everybody,

I couldn't wait, so I went to my dealer with my favourite CD's and listened to the RCD 1072 in direkt comparison to the Yamaha DVD S2300 and I was really surprised.
                          I ordered the 1072 in black, cause my Dealer had it only in stock in silver. Black is an unsellable colour in Germany at the Moment.

Only 2 days later I got my 1072. He gave me 100 € discount and additionally a good chinch and a good trigger cable for free.
                          Since 2 days I'm listening and listening. I repeated the comparision with my Yamaha DVD S2300 at home again and the difference was even a bit larger than in the store.

Now, I use my Yamaha Universal Player only for SACD and DVD-Audio. I have a few Hybrid-SACD's and I love to hear them in Stereo on the 1072 instead of the Yammi, because it really sounds much better. I am not happy about the few Non-Hybrid-SACD's or better said SACD-only SACD's I have.

So, I have to buy them twice, as normal CD's, to help myself till that Day Rotel comes out with it's own SACD Player.

Let's pray and thank Rotel for this outstanding CD Player. :T
                          Last edited by lmib; 26 February 2005, 16:34 Saturday.
                          lmib

Comment

• Mary
                            • Jun 2003

Imib
                            I have the Yamaha DVD S2300 and purchased the 1072 for the same reasons you state. I am very happy with the performance of the 1072. It is a great CD player indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"