X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • classicalnut
    • Jan 2005

New Member with Questions: RB-1050

Hi everyone...I'm a long-time B&W fan looking into some upgrades to my current system. First, here's what I've got:

B&W 603 S3 (front)
    B&W 602 S2 (rear)
    B&W (600 series small center - unsure of exact model) S2
    Rotel RB-1070 for the fronts
    Apple Airport Express for digital wireless broadcast of music library (apple lossless)

I won't mention my reciever because I'm not planning on using it. Also planning on eliminating the center channel. I'm looking into some seperates such as:

multi-channel passive volume conrol
    digital jitter control unit
    external 24/192k DAC
    Denon DVD-2910

Now...here's my Rotel question:

With the RB-1070 in the front, how well will the RB-1050 work on the rears. Are there any issues with matching the power? Will I suffer degraded sound quality when using the rears for duplicating stereo audio in a pseudo-quadraphonic set-up? What about with surround channels from SACD?

Thanks for any input...

Neil
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Neil, yes you will hear differences from front to rear. Many pre-amp/ processors allow you to adjust each individual channels gain so you can offset modest amplifier differences, but it sounds like you are going to just parallel (y-cable) out of your'e source and into your'e amps. If you do not have equal powered amplifiers, even into identicle speakers all around you will notice the volume difference.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Neil,

Just ensure when all is said and done, that you calibrate your speakers via an spl meter, unless you have autocalibration.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"