X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lhl12
    • Apr 2003

RSX-1055 + DirecTiVo?

Does anyone have experience combining a DirecTiVo satellite receiver with an RSX-1055? Specifically, I am wondering whether the 1055 will gracefully handle switching digital and analog inputs from the same source.

I have been told that a DirecTiVo box will output Dolby Digital programming on its digital output, which would need to be fed into a digital input on the 1055. However the TiVo sound effects are apparently only output on the TiVo's analog output. This means that the DirecTiVo box would need to have both a digital and an analog connection to the 1055. The 1055 would then need to be able to automatically and instantaneously switch between the two inputs for that single source depending on whether the TiVo box was outputting digital or analog signals.

I hope I have explained the question clearly. Has anyone tried this with a 1055?
  • ejfiii
    • May 2003

I have a 1065, and my digital cable box uses both digital and analog output. I believe the rotel looks for a digital signal first, and if it doesnt find it, then it switches to analog. I have never had any problems at all. HBO and other HD channels come in digital, while the analog is kept for most other channels. Seems to work fine. Sometimes there is a very slight pause as it searches and locks onto the digitla feed, so I know its working that way.

I would just connect both digital and analog to the 1055 and let it do its thing as you switch channels.

Good luck,

E. J.

My HT
    My HT

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"