X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sleeper_red
    • Sep 2004

Power Centers

Just want to ask what power center do you guys use with your Rotel gears? Thanks.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Monster Power's name has been used a fair amount around here, but recently someone threw up a red flag about them. I don't recall what it was about but you may want to do a "monster" search in a couple of the forums here and you may turn up some good results for the various brands. Or try "power conditioners".

Comment

• phuz
      • Jan 2003

I'm a big fan of panamax. They've been doing power gear for a long, long time and their connected equipment guarantee and customer service can't be beat.
      ==============
      -phuz

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I don't bother with any...just a decent power bar plugged into a dedicated 20 amp line

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Vansevers

sleeper_red,

I use a Vansevers model 85, model 11 video and model 12 digital. I've been
          happy with them.

Comment

• Mitchell
            • Sep 2004

I use a monster. It actually helped get rid of a hum when I tried hooking up my cable box to the preamp.Running it through the monster solved it immediately.
            Mitchell

Comment

• sleeper_red
              • Sep 2004

right now, I'm using a Monster bar that costs like $129.00. Do you think it's worth getting something like the Monster HTS2500 or HTS2600? I'm just wondering if it will make any difference. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• DelRay
                • Jun 2004

I'm using the HTS3500 for my gear. First off I wanted something that would delay the amps during startup and shutdown. The 12 volt trigger delay does this for me. IMHO I believe the powercenters offer better filtering than the powerbars.(questionable) And I also wanted something componet style.

Comment

• Spookyslow
                  • Oct 2004

I don't have one yet, but I've heard and read great things about Panamax and Richard Gray AC/line conditioners. I'd definitely check them out if you're considering a new power center.

Comment

• mmpeak
                    • Jan 2005

I've tried a Monster

I wondered about this myself, if it really even makes a difference.
                    A friend of mine has a huge monster that cost him about $2500.00
                    and it looks nice, I like the red and blue lights on it.

I asked him to let me try it for a couple of weeks while he went on
                    vacation and used it with my Rotel RB-1090 and I heard absolutely
                    no difference at all, not even a $2,000.00 power card made any
                    difference so I'm just using the stock cord with my Rotel now and
                    a good serge protector that only cost $25.00 and it's sounds just
                    great, so it didn't do a thing for me but I live in a new home that
                    has all new wires, if that even makes a difference?

Comment

• sbhand
                      • Apr 2003

PS Audio

I'm using a PS Audio PowerDirector 3.5. It is a bit pricey but makes a difference for me (on the quality of video even more so then audio). My experience is the benefit of these products seems to vary based on the region you live.

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
                        • Jan 2005

I am using a Panamax 5410. I did not percieve a difference in audio quality, but there was a noticable improvement in black levels on the video side. It was a $750.00 investment, but worth it, considering the cost of the connected gear!

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

APC Line R :T
                          Jason

Comment

• EAmin
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mmpeak
                            I wondered about this myself, if it really even makes a difference.
                            A friend of mine has a huge monster that cost him about $2500.00
                            and it looks nice, I like the red and blue lights on it.

I asked him to let me try it for a couple of weeks while he went on
                            vacation and used it with my Rotel RB-1090 and I heard absolutely
                            no difference at all, not even a $2,000.00 power card made any
                            difference so I'm just using the stock cord with my Rotel now and
                            a good serge protector that only cost $25.00 and it's sounds just
                            great, so it didn't do a thing for me but I live in a new home that
                            has all new wires, if that even makes a difference?
                            I have the HTS-5100. The one thing it did for me was it got rid of my hum issues with my 1095 and 1090. I don't think it added anything to the sound, but it made a slight difference to the video. I also live in a newer home which is probably why it didn't make as dramatic of a difference.

Comment

• H.Donald
                              • Aug 2004

I use two,both Monsters...the 5100 and the 3500.What do they do?Other than giving you a central place to plug things in?I am not sure...they do offer some form of protection,in case of??Funny,in order for my 1095 to stop buzzing I had to remove it from the 5100 and plug it directly into the wall.When I had basic cable I ran it thru the 3500 and video did seem clearer.But now with hi-def thats a no-no.As for audio,I have never heard a difference.Both units I purchased off eBay...so I paid much less than list.The real purpose of this unit?...the blue lights look nice at night...

Comment

• nash
                                • Mar 2004

I have a Monster 7000 signature series. I don't have any illusions about it making a dramatic difference to sound or video. However, it's useful as a huge power strip (it has about 15 plugs in it) and as a very good surge protector. I got it at a great price and it helped me get a good price on my DLP tv, too (as a package deal). Plus, those blue lights and the voltage readout just look cool

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by aud19
                                  APC Line R :T
                                  The reason I got the APC Line-R was that beyond having noise reduction and surge protection it also offers protection for brownouts or voltage dips that are arguably more problematic than surges. The model I purchased can also handle 1200VA at 15amps total which is more than enough for most peripheral equipment. I do however keep my amp and sub plugged directly in to the wall. Everything else, TV, DVD player, PrePro etc is plugged in to the APC units.

While they were a fairly good deal when I got them for around $150 Canadian a couple years ago, they're now available for about $60 Canadian!! :E They're not as pretty to look at as some the A/V solutions but I have mine tucked away anyways...

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

APC will also carry A/V specific gear Q2 of 2005...

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

Jason

Comment

• KEN KAZ
                                    • Oct 2004

I have some a couple floresent lamps on the same line...they are above a table that the kids use for crafts, that is about 20 feet from my HT.
                                    When they turn on/off and I am just plugged into a "power strip" i get a big "bang"

everrything plugged into a panamax eliviates that.

so, there is some benefit,aside from surge supression

just my .02c

kaz

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"