X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco
    • May 2003

12 volt trigger out cord

I recently purchased a 1066 and a 1095 off of different people on Audiogon. While I am very pleased with both, I didn't find the 12 v trigger cord in the box. Is there a place I can find the cord online or order directly from Rotel? Turning on the 1095 separately is getting annoying.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

All you need is a 3.5 mm (1/8") mono cable that you should be able to find at places like Radio Shack

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Taco,

Andrew is correct, just ensure you have the male on both ends, I recently purchased 3.5mm mono cable (6 feet) at the Rat Shack (or any electronic store) for about $4.00.

These cables are not part of the Rotel package and are considered a separate purchase item.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• I'mListening
        • Jul 2003

I bought two of the 1/8" mono plugs today at Radio Shack. I installed one each going from the RSP-1066 12v Trigger OUT and one each going to a RMB-1075 12v IN and a RM-1050 12v IN. I switched each amp to 12V TRIGGER - ON...but had no luck. Matter of fact, when I first set them up with the new 1/8 cables I was going to reset my speakers withe the Test Tones. When I tried this I had no sound from the speaker.....it drove me nuts for about 10 minutes. I then switched the 12V Trigger-OFF and the Test Tone worked fine. Either I am doing something wrong...or I have the wrong 1/8 Mono Plug cables. These are 6ft Radio Shack cables 1/8 Mono Male Plugs at each end. Hummmm. Whaddya think?

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
        Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Go to the Menu setting and ensure that you Power is set to Direct not standby.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• I'mListening
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Azeke
            Go to the Menu setting and ensure that you Power is set to Direct not standby.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

I am most certain I have the RSP-1066 set to "DIRECT"....I will double check in the morning after work. After I set the up the Mini 1/8" Plugs and have switched the amps appropriatily...do I need to do anything special like turn them on and wait a few moments before turing the RSP -10666 on for the first time?

I think this is what I bought at Radio Shack:
            http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CT LG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2152

or it may have been these:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CT LG%5F007%5F002%5F003%5F007&product%5Fid=42%2D2420

Thanks for reading!

Darren
            Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

• I'mListening
              • Jul 2003

Got it fixed!

Took the "Attenuated 1/8" Mini Phono Plug Cables" back to RatShack and got the plain old shielded 1/8" mini Phono Plug cables.......they work great!

Thanks for reading!

Darren
              Thanks for reading!

Darren

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"