X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InTheRed
    • Mar 2004

1075: How much 'buzz' is normal?

I'm still in the first few days with my 1068 and 1075. I'm trying to get used to the pop that comes with switching inputs and as the digital inputs switch over (that's really the most annoying one, it pops every time I fast forward a DVD, because it loses the digital signal)

Anyway, I've noticed a slight buzz when I'm close to the speakers (not up against them though). Now I have to admit I noticed a buzz when I had my Pioneer VSX-99 hooked up to the same speakers. Part of it is that I have some BA wedges for rears hanging from a 7' ceiling and I basically am standing right under it when standing at my cabinet, so if there's a buzz, I will hear it.

Honestly I do not notice it from my listening spot and is pretty much masked when any audio is playing. So, I was basically wondering if I am to expect some noise and, like I'm being told about the switching pops, is normal with this equipment. Is troubleshooting this as easy as getting a grounded power cable?

Thanks again.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I have the same set-up, RSP-1068, RMB-1075, and RB-1078, and running thru very sensitive speakers (Kilpsch) I have dead silence. I can put my ear up to any of the horns, and na-da. Paying attention to cable routing as much as clean power is a must. Ground issues come into play and most are easily adressed, once the root cause is figured out. I believe Rotels ability to be quite, is the rule, not the exception.

Comment

• InTheRed
      • Mar 2004

I found it

Thanks. I found the source. I have some low voltage sconces on dimmers in the room and when I dim them, I get the buzz. Is there any way to clear this up without putting the sconces on a seperate circuit (I'm assuming they are on the same circuit, but I haven't actually tested it)?

BTW, without the lights, they're dead silent. It's no so bad, listening to music in the dark is the way to go anyway. I'll get a pin light for the liner notes.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

You could try a different brand of dimmers, but you will most likely need to put them on a different circuit (and that still might not help)..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"