X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Software Upgrade Switch Location On RSX-1055

Where are software upgrade switches located in rsx-1055? I am ready to upgrade to latest software, but I cannot see them after removing cover plate. Bad eyes?? Thanks.
    Stan
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

I don't own the 1055, but believe it is on the back panel in the upper left quadrant right above the "optical" digital imputs. It should be a small rectangular shaped cap being held on by either one or two screws.

Again, I own the 1066, but this is where I think it is on the 1055.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

Danbry39

The Rotel software upgrade instructions seem relatively easy. If I could locate the software upgrade switches. There is 1 rectangular type cover with two screws in the rear left quadrant of the 1055. It looks like it is labelled rf block, so I do not think that is the right one. Nothing on the Rotel website either. I will definitely be patient with this one.
      Thanks
      Stan
      Stan

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Unless they changed the text on the back, should be fairly easy.

Plug the cable into the port that says Computer IO and then remove the plate above DIGITAL COAX INPUT 1, flip the switches and go to town.

The plate has the words SOFTWARE UPGRADABLE next to it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

Kevin's right, on the 1066, the plate has "Software Upgradable" printed right over it. At Rotel's site, they have a diagram of the rear of the 1055 and right above the "digital imputs" jacks, that's where they show the plate with "Software Upgradable" written right to the left of the plate. It's pretty small, perhaps 1" by 1/3". Sure, you don't see it there?

Here's a link to the diagram I'm looking at:

Just a thought because I know other owners have done this before. You're not actually inside the unit are you? In other words, you haven't opened it up, right? Because the plate we're talking about is on the outside of the unit in its rear.

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• gostan
            • May 2003

Thanks Guys.

I found it right where you said it would be.

Stan
            Stan

Comment

• Danbry39
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Sep 2002

Let us know how the upgrade goes.

Keith
              Keith

Comment

• gostan
                • May 2003

The upgrade would not work with my wife's hp laptop w/windows xp. It worked fine with my old Dell Latitude laptop with windows 98. I myself am a Mac guy, so I was lucky that I had such a choice of computers to get the upgrade to work. Now I am in the process of re-setting the various parameters.

I really enjoy the fact that the record input source no longer shows up in the osd. Some of the other setup screens look different. I.E. the delay setup screens look very different. I appear to have one delay setup for Dolby D/DTS with no front left or right speaker delay. Also, there is a delay setup for dolby pro logic ii with no front left or right speaker settings and no setup for center speaker. This is confusing. I will have to spend some time on it.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Stan
                Stan

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"