X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wng
    • Dec 2002

Home Cinema Choice looks at 1066/1075

The July issue of Home Cinema Choice tests the 1066/1075 set along with Krell Showcase/Showcase 5 and Primare SP31.7/A30.5 mkII in a "Group Test." Anyone obtain a copy yet? Am interested in their results.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Makes me nervous when they do an apple/oranges type shootout. The Krell pairing, I think, retails for close to 7-8K and the Primare at over 6K, whereas the Rotel pairing has a msrp of, what, $2799? Crossing my finger that Rotel can again hold its own against the big boys.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• dali
      • Jul 2002

Don't worry, be happy!

But seriously, if this test ends up like all previous apples-and-oranges tests, the Rotel combo should win hands down if price is taken into account. Without having read the test, the conclusion should be something like "The Rotel equipment sounds a lot better than the price indicates. If price is no object, buy [insert most expensive gear], but if you want most bang for the buck go for Rotel".

If the outcome is not what I suggest, HCC is probably the only magazine that does not love the RSP 1066 ... and then they would be wrong ...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"