X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KEF
    • Aug 2004

Jackpot!

I just got a call from my guy at the Local Rotel / B&W dealer who told me that they are selling their Demo Bryston BP-25p for just over 1K....

I told him to hold it, I'll be in after work.

For those of you who recall I did a Compro a few weeks ago and liked this Pre a ton, so for this price, it is sold - and this is the exact unit I listened to, go figure.

So tonight I may be listening to a little Diana Krall on my N804s via a RCD-1072, a BP-25p and a RB-1080.... :T

I am one happy camper right now....

Cheers,
    Keith
  • KEF
    • Aug 2004

No joy in Mudville...

If it sounds too good to be true....

When I arrived at the dealership they pulled out the unit and I was a little disappointed. It was obviously the unit they let people take home, and it was beat up pretty good (not the pristine one we listened to in the store).

It was a 96 or 97 build and had 2 old remotes and the original style power supply to boot.

So cash-in-hand I walked away :cry: . But I did ask them to get a RC-1090 in so that I could do a comparison between the two, but boy was it tough to walk out of this place w/o buying anything... hahah

Ah, too bad, but I wanted silver anyway...

Cheers,
    Keith
    Last edited by KEF; 13 November 2004, 10:10 Saturday. Reason: dumb English error...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

KEF,

Look on the bright side...

Much of the joy in upgrading is in the hunt and anticipation - the search for the right new product, the comparisons, the web and store opinions...

For you the hunt goes on longer

Geoff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"