X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EricT
    • Sep 2002

Simulcast?

My tv only has one component in so I use the RSP 1068 to switch my cable box and dvd player. There are times when I'd like to watch a game but listen to an announcer on the radio. Is this possible on the 1068? The anthem AVM 20/30 calls it simulcast. Only thing I can come up with is to split the signal from the tuner and plug into video 5, rename vid 5 to tv+tuner and set video input to video 1. So when I want tuner I hit tuner but when I want tv with radio I choose video 5.

But then the other night I wanted to have a cd playing while the game was on (had people over who weren't interested in the game but I wanted to keep track of it) but I really don't want to introduce a splitter in my cd path. Maybe change tuner to vid1; cd to vid2; and use the corresponding vid out to go back to tuner and cd? Seems like it would work, just not crazy about the extra cables and then needing to reprogram all the keypads....

Any other thoughts? Did I miss a feature in the manual?

Thanks
    Eric
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I don't know about Rotel gear, but a lot of other brands of gear will stay on the last-selected video source when you switch directly to an audio source using the remote. So, if you select cable box, then CD, you'd get the cable box video and the CD audio.

I'm sure someone with more Rotel experience can chime in with more info on this.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The 1068 has an option in the setup menu to display any video you want on any input.. No splitting needed!

Hit Menu, enter, go to INPUT (up left), go to VID INPUT, and choose what you want.

So for tuner and CD set them both to CABLE on the VID INPUT. Of course you can easily change it on the fly.

Kevin D.

Comment

• EricT
        • Sep 2002

I was trying to use a signal sensing outlet to auto turn-on the tv. It's the exception when I want the tv with tuner not the rule but I was also trying to avoid going into the OSD. I've been playing with macros on my remote but not having consistent success with the OSD. But I did just find discrete codes for my tv for off and on so I may be able to do as you suggest and just have a macro select tuner and then turn tv off and manually turn it on for the Pats game.

Thanks for the help.

Now I just need a way to delay the radio 4 seconds so I can watch in HD...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"