X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Onkyo at CES?

I'm trying to figure out if there are any special showings at CES for a number of manufacturers. Frequently they have a small booth in the convention center but a room set up for a real demonstration elsewhere.

I think I'll probably try and track down

Onkyo - hoping for info on a new preamp - not in their current line up

I think if I end up going to the really high end stuff I'll just be wanting even more stuff that is further out of my price range than these are.
  • grossner
    • Dec 2004

I just looked at the CES website and Onkyo is not on the list of exhibitors--what's up with that?

I was hoping to get some info on the new 803/903 AVRs

Comment

• boe
      • Jul 2004

I called Onkyo - they didn't have anything at CES. They told me to call the local distributor about the DTC-9.4 since none of the local places listed on their web site had one available for auditioning. I spoke with the distributor and they are trying to find a shop that has one. They haven't gotten back to me but this seems like they will have a hard time selling them if no one in California or Nevada has them available. They might as well just sell them on line and eliminate the markup!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by boe
        They might as well just sell them on line and eliminate the markup!
        In effect, they are doing the first part already. Collectively, we are "selling" their products with our favorable discussion of them. Then, since so many people have a hard time finding a local dealer, they end up calling a dealer in another area to make the sale. That's not "online", but it's not "in a local store" either, since in most cases where that happens, there isn't one, or not one that is agreeable to work with.

"Selling" is a figure of speech -- I am not involved in the actual transactions nor do I have any kind of business relationship (e.g., no commissions) with Onkyo/Integra/Integra Research except as a customer who really likes their products, but isn't too wild about their marketing/distribution/support systems and methods. There are some members who comment from time to time who may have some kind of business relationship with Onkyo/et al, but they do not do any actual selling here, either.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"