B&K to announce Ref 50 version 2 and universal player :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

B&K to announce Ref 50 version 2 and universal player :)

for all those that care, B&K is going to announce its Ref50 revision 2 at cedia, as well as a universal player. im not sure if the universal will actually get announced, but its supposed to be released by the end of this year, for what that's worth.

here are some specs. the ref50 v2 will have slightly different appearance, but same size, have same features, but have the new prologic IIx, the clicking popping problem is gone (hardware fix), completely redone boards, upconverting for video, and 3 notch filters and adjustable shelf filters.

the universal will be off the pioneer elite platform, will have RS-232, and that is all i know. it MIGHT have DVI, but most likely wont have HDMI.
  • leeda2
    • May 2003

any idea what an "upgrade" from the old to the new ref 50 will entail (cost, etc..)?

Comment

• Cowanrg
      • Feb 2004

oh, as far as i understand it, its both hardware and software, so im not 100% sure if there will be an upgrade. i guess i could ask and see though. the faceplate will be different as well. however, they did say that the back panel was identical.

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

If the player is based off a Pioneer Elite, I don't understand why It wouldnt have HDMI .

Exciting times for B&K as they are always the last to upgrade.

The clicking and poping gotta go. Every year and every model does it with something. I vote for a muting circuit allday.

Same with upconverting , everyone else is already doing it , Hell I could use it , nice to see it finally here.

Comment

• Maxwell
          • Nov 2004

K&K series 2

The upgrade are available on the ARV505/507 and ref 50. I am looking to pick up the 507.

Comment

• RedStep
            • Sep 2002

This is good news...Hardware fix for the popping noise. Now I 'm not considering Rotel :W
            As for the player, I hear the Elite DV59-AVi is one fine player, good choice
            RedStep
            We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"