• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnstableHTFReak
    • Jan 2004

Throw me a bone!!!

Come on you guys,
    I'm seriously concidering A Ref.50.
    Dose no one have anything to say for the team?
    Any thoughts on the recent drop in price? - What dose it mean, new model soon? Are they giong under?
    Experiences,Sudggestions,Tips,Tricks,Pro's,Con's.
    Anything?!?

Throw me a bone guys!!!
  • Green
    • Dec 2003

I know how you feel, From my research the ref 50 is the way to go
    major reason is the motorola chip, unless of course you want the lcd screen on the 1098. Also, within weeks rotel is coming out with the 1068.
    B&K dropped the price to increase sales vs production. They have traditionally released a new pre-processor every 18 months so it is concievable and likely a new model is on the horizon. I don't know what the matter with this forum is but try Home Theater Spot for better response.

Comment

• leeda2
      • May 2003

does it matter if a new model is coming out? if this is the case, you'll probably spend most of your time waiting for the next great thing.

look at the ref 50 for what it is and it's capabilities. for the price, i cannot see how the rotel 1098 is "better" than the ref 50.

anyhow, i bit the bullet and went with the ref 50. i was actually considering the rotel 1055/1066/1065, but the price drop of the ref 50 made it a clear choice for me. so far, i have not regretted the decision. according to several reviews, there are shortcomings, but i certainly couldn't tell.

good luck on your decision!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"