X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon SS
    • Oct 2002

Lexicon LX-7 opinions? vs. Theta etc.

The Lexicon LX-7 has got good reviews in magazines so far. Does anybody have this amp? Does it mix well with non Lexicon pre-amps, I am considering mixing it with an Integra Research RDC-7?

Also, how does it compare to the Theta Dreadnaught and the Integra Research RDA-7 as they are all similarly priced?

Thanks
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Well, Bryston used to make Lexicon's amps, but not sure now, I haven't really researched the LX-7. Maybe Proceed is making them now? Possible anyway.

I am sure if Lexicon's name is on it, it's a good product. Sorry couldn't be of more help...

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• RedStep
      • Sep 2002

The new line of LX amplifiers are all designed by Lexicon, but are
      manufactured by Crown International out of Indiana. I don't know anything about Crown though!!!

RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make
      RedStep
      We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Is that Crown the pro amp people? If so, that would cast a shadow on this amp, IMO. Yes, Crown is known for lots of watts for the dollar, but not really known for the best amplifiers out there. So, I would have to check that out real close before I went for it.

It might be great, but I would like to hear it from some others, see some reviews, get a listen to it.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"