X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Santos
    • Mar 2001

First impressions of MC-1, and Citation amp

I just finished setting up my Lex MC-1, with a Citation 7.1 amp.
    I dont have my surround speakers hung yet, so I just set it up for 2 channel. I have to say the difference between this setup, and my previous B&K Ref 30 with a HK PA5800 amp is huge.
    I know the Lex isn't known to be all that spectacular for 2 channel,
    but compared to my previous setup using my DVD player as a CD player there is no comparison. The new combo beats it hands down. Since both preamp, and amps were replaced it's hard to know where the huge improvment came from. Is it more the amp, more the preamp, or maybe both equally? I guess it's irrelevant at this point. I cant wait to get the rest of the system hooked up. If the improvement with HT is as good as what I just heard I am going to be VERY happy
    I will be sure to give my impressions of HT performance as soon as I get the rest all hooked up.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sounds like you have a winning combo there. Congrats and enjoy!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"